Sapphire Princess, helpful tips, secrets, ideas, etc

2010_cruisers

1st timers on here for a Princess experiences and doing the Alaska thing, the very last week of this summer. So.,........

All you valuable PCL cruisers, especially with Sapphire Princess, past fans and voagers of this ship....can you please share your thoughts, tips, suggesstions and any tidbits about this ship, please. What I am hoping to do is complie a list so I can share with with my family and any patrons on our roll call.......I'd be looking for things to do with kids, special doors to open, things to do-try, and avoid...........Although some things will be subjective, I am very open to starting a list, asap (thank you).

Thank you all.

Cheers. :)

Do take advantage of the teak loungers on the Promenade deck for a quiet read (or nap :p) or watching the water go by.

Do visit the Lobby Bar and get your brewed coffee. If you enjoy a nightly cocktail this is also a good place get to know the bartenders and waiters. It's not an International cafe, but they do have a few plates with the wine flights and cookies in the afternoon.

Do find your way up to the deck over the bridge for terrific views. No secret door, just go forward on Deck 15.

cherylandtk - much appreciated. I will start a cut and paste sheet (and see how many suggestions and tips are generated).

BTW - The last one I did for my friends on the NCL EPIC - got 7 pages of info in 3 months prior to our trip. It was many cool ideas, some money saving tips, and helpful suggestions (and insights) like your thoughts., Thank you.

:):):):)

Breakfast and lunch are served in the International Dining Room for anyone who wishes to eat there for those meals. There is a nice menu and you will be served by the wait staff. We enjoyed eating there over the buffet in the Horizon Court.

Next to the Passenger Services desk there is a computer where you can swipe your key card and get a print out of your account statement -- any time! Good to check once or twice during the cruise.

The library has a nice selection of books and board games (e.g. scrabble) that you can check out so you needn't haul these along.

I will add that you can get waffles from the ice cream counter at breakfast time just outside the Horizon Court. The breakfast menu in the dinning room seems limited, but get creative, they will make most any type of omelet you can imagine or any combinations. They will walk around with trays of pastries in the dinning room too. Keep an eye open for the cookie cart being pushed around the pool area during the afternoons. You will want to watch for the special food being offered outside the Horizon Court on some days, examples are special pastas, oriental/sushi buffet or exotic chef creations depending on their whim. Have a great trip!

Here is information on food options on the Sapphire. Not shown are Belgian Waffles at the Ice Cream Bar and fresh made to order Omelettes at the Trident Grill both from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. A small selection of pastries in the morning and small sandwiches and pastries for lunch are available both at the Lobby Bar on Plaza deck 5 and Crooner's Bar on Promenade deck 7. These are similar to what is served at Afternoon Tea in the Pacific Moon Dining Room. You can also get fresh brewed coffee with the Coffee Card at both locations.

If you have chosen Anytime Dining, you can call DINE from your cabin phone and reserve a dining time for up to three days at one time. You can even request the same table. There are no guarantees of course but were were successful on our April cruise.

2011-02%20-%20Sapphire%20Princess%20Dining%20Guide%20-%20Morning%20and%20Afternoon.jpg

2011-02%20-%20Sapphire%20Princess%20Dining%20Guide%20-%20Evening.jpg

Do you think we enjoy our food on Princess?? Yes :D

Although on the Coral, not the Sapphire, the following were offered on our Alaskan cruise last year:

Oriental Sushi Lunch Buffet

Alaskan Fish BBQ Buffet

Taste of Alaska Buffet

Pastry Extravaganza Buffet

Chef's Farewell Buffet.

Also at least twice during your cruise there should be an English Pub Lunch in one of the Dining Rooms.

IECalCruise - impressive. The scanned options (food selections)....again...food ideas.,.. making me way bigger than I need to be.....but mouth is watering.

All we need now is room service menu's and pictures of food.....lol. Thanks...very cool.

IECalCruise - impressive. The scanned options (food selections)....again...food ideas.,.. making me way bigger than I need to be.....but mouth is watering.

All we need now is room service menu's and pictures of food.....lol. Thanks...very cool.

I only go so far :eek: The room service menu is quite limited on Princess and there is a $3.00 delivery charge for Pizza.

If you want to see pictures of food on Princess check out this thread.

On one or two of the afternoons, they serve an old fashioned British lunch complete with fish and chips and Guiness. It is in one of the dining rooms and is very enjoyable. Look for the announcement in the daily printout.

Wow! is that all you people do ...eat?;) We leave tomorrow for Seattle - Sunday for Alaska. Thanks for this thread. I hope you remember some more ideas before we go. This board has been great! We're 1st time cruisers.

edmusic - thank you....:)

I am wondering if the 'British lunch' may be in the Wheelhouse Pub (I do not know - ,maybe others can confirm) or do they walk around with boxes of food. Regardless, cool tip....I will keep our ears clear of debris to hear that announcement...lol.

BTW - keep em coming, this does NOT just help me it ca help many of us. Any other ideas, tips, insights, handy ideas....We are curious abotu pub crawls, or what sports can be played in the tennis-upper courts, are there any spa deals, tours on board of any kind, what about drinks of the day, or shows for the kids....

Please inform - we all thank you. Cheers (next pint is on me)...

Breakfast and lunch are served in the International Dining Room for anyone who wishes to eat there for those meals. There is a nice menu and you will be served by the wait staff. We enjoyed eating there over the buffet in the Horizon Court.

Next to the Passenger Services desk there is a computer where you can swipe your key card and get a print out of your account statement -- any time! Good to check once or twice during the cruise.

The library has a nice selection of books and board games (e.g. scrabble) that you can check out so you needn't haul these along.

RE: print out of account

Isn't it on the TV in your room? Is print out only way to see account?

RE: print out of account

Isn't it on the TV in your room? Is print out only way to see account?

Princess doesn't have an interactive TV system and probably won't anytime in the near future (apparently because of cost to install). The introduction of the kiosk at the Pursers desk is a good compromise and works fine for us.

The Wakeview bar, located below Club Fusion.

Not much of a view but a good place to get away from the crowds.

Hear, hear! Great spot - comfortable, secluded, never busy. One of my favorite spots on the whole ship.

Best / only way to find it - behind the dance floor in Club Fusion (Deck 7 aft), there's a spiral staircase. Go down it.

Not a "secret" per se, but when the buffet is busy, keep moving aft; the seating just before you get outside is usually less crowded and traffic-clogged than the areas adjacent to the serving area or slightly aft.

last updated: May 10, 11 at 6:35 PM, pacific

Sapphire Princess Tips-Suggestions Sheet:

• DINE telephone line or in person at the dining reservations table set up on the first day of the cruise
  • On one or two of the afternoons, they serve an old fashioned British lunch complete with fish and chips and Guiness.

• It is in one of the dining rooms and is very enjoyable. Look for the announcement in the daily printout.
  • The Wakeview bar, located below Club Fusion. Not much of a view but a good place to get away from the crowds.
  • Do take advantage of the teak loungers on the Promenade deck for a quiet read (or nap or watching the water go by.

• Do visit the Lobby Bar and get your brewed coffee. If you enjoy a nightly cocktail this is also a good place get to know the bartenders and waiters. It's not an International cafe, but they do have a few plates with the wine flights and cookies in the afternoon.

• Do find your way up to the deck over the bridge for terrific views. No secret door, just go forward on Deck 15.
  • You can get waffles from the ice cream counter at breakfast time just outside the Horizon Court. The breakfast menu in the dinning room seems limited, but get creative, they will make most any type of omelet you can imagine or any combinations.

• They will walk around with trays of pastries in the dinning room too. Keep an eye open for the cookie cart being pushed around the pool area during the afternoons. You will want to watch for the special food being offered outside the Horizon Court on some days, examples are special pastas, oriental/sushi buffet or exotic chef creations depending on their whim
  • Breakfast and lunch are served in the International Dining Room for anyone who wishes to eat there for those meals. There is a nice menu and you will be served by the wait staff. We enjoyed eating there over the buffet in the Horizon Court.
  • Next to the Passenger Services desk there is a computer where you can swipe your key card and get a print out of your account statement -- any time! Good to check once or twice during the cruise.
  • The library has a nice selection of books and board games (e.g. scrabble) that you can check out so you needn't haul these along.

You can order breakfast to be delivered to your room by completing the breakfast card in your room and hanging on your outside cabin door knob before retiring for the evening. Preprinted choices on the breakfast card are for a Continental type breakfast BUT you can pencil in omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc and it will be delivered.

Skywalker's Nightclub is a great place to read during the day - lots of light, quiet, and great views!