No Venice next year?

trvllin1

I'm not sure what you mean, but we sailed from Venice on the Royal in 2013 when it was brand new. Fab cruise and now is one of my favorites.

But what I heard is Venice is no longer allowing cruise ships in the Grand canal. I understand why but think it is sad at the same time. There is nothing like sailing from Venice. So stunning

I was also on the Royal in July 2013 for the Grand Mediterranean. OMG sailing out of Venice to the sounds of Andre Bocelli was absolutely amazing. Best cruise ever!

Seeing this thread makes me very pleased that I went on the Island Princess Grand Med cruise this past July. Venice was our disembarkation port. We arrived in Venice noon-time ish and it was GLORIOUS!!!!!. I did notice in a recent mailer/brochure focusing on Europe that that Grand Med Itinerary was not there. It is too bad Venice is kind of a scarce port of call for Princess next year.

A new port coming on the mainland, Hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think I would like having to deal with the logistics of that, it is bad enough the way it is now.

I was also on the Royal in July 2013 for the Grand Mediterranean. OMG sailing out of Venice to the sounds of Andre Bocelli was absolutely amazing. Best cruise ever!

The best sail away ever, July 5th 2013 out of Venice...Andre Bocelli singing and the Royal so slowly passing out of Venice . That and sailing into Glacier Bay at 6 am into the "blue fortress of solitude" will always be my favorites. They are both hard acts to follow.

Both of these beautiful sites have to be protected so they will be here for years to come to be enjoyed by our grandchildren.