Caribbean Shore Excursions

wobblybob74

Good morning all,

I looking at this cruise: http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G702A

Would anybody have any information on the shore excursions available at each port along with a rough idea of how much each excursion costs please? The cruise costs a little more than we would normally spend so if the shore excursions are very expensive then we won't be able to afford it. And yes, I know that private tours are probably cheaper but I'm after a 'worst case' figure.

Thanks in advance.

[url=http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G702A][/url]

Hello from down the road in sunny Blackpool !!

If you click on the port/excursions tab on the cruise page you have linked to, you will be able to see the excursions & prices available in each of the ports. What you spend really depends on what you like to do - we generally just go to the beach and this can be done quite reasonably. And there are independent tours available - we make a choice depending on how long we have in port & the logistics involved in the trip. From Cozumel we visited the ruins at Tulum - I would only go through Princess for this as there is a ferry ride & a bus transfer required - too many opportunities for things to go wrong to risk it.

Hope this helps. And a winter cruise on the Caribbean is a great alternative to the cold & rain in the UK.

Hello from down the road in sunny Blackpool !!

If you click on the port/excursions tab on the cruise page you have linked to, you will be able to see the excursions & prices available in each of the ports. What you spend really depends on what you like to do - we generally just go to the beach and this can be done quite reasonably. And there are independent tours available - we make a choice depending on how long we have in port & the logistics involved in the trip. From Cozumel we visited the ruins at Tulum - I would only go through Princess for this as there is a ferry ride & a bus transfer required - too many opportunities for things to go wrong to risk it.

Hope this helps. And a winter cruise on the Caribbean is a great alternative to the cold & rain in the UK.

Hi Rubynic,

Thanks for that, very helpful. To be honest, I didn't think that prices for tours would be on the website so soon in advance. We're looking at taking as many excursions as possible as we think this will be our one and only trip to the Caribbean so we want to see as much as possible. And, to be perfectly honest, spending the entire time in port at the beach is very definitely not my bag!

I know exactly what you mean about a holiday during winter. I suffer from SAD so very much need an injection of warmth and sunshine after Christmas to help me get through the winter.

Cheers!

If this is your first time to the Caribbean then I understand your wanting to see as much of the islands as possible :) I see that right now the fare is really great for a B2B! If you haven't done so already, join the Roll Call - maybe there are people organizing some independent tours. For a couple of the ports (St. Thomas & Cozumel) it's pretty easy to just take a taxi to things you want to see, unless you are wanting more of a "guided tour" & not have to worry too much about the time. It looks like a great itinerary!

I just checked on the Princess web site and all but one of your ports have the excursions listed. You should be able to check out what excursions are available and their prices and find what suites you best. Happy sailing.