When does the "3" sale end...

curlybelle2

We are having bad luck, the cruise we want to take is never on the sale list.

Have you ever thought that supply and demand says that there is no reason for Princess to put that cruise on sale??

When there is high demand, there is no need to reduce prices.

Econ 101. TANSTAAFL.

Have you ever thought that supply and demand says that there is no reason for Princess to put that cruise on sale??

When there is high demand, there is no need to reduce prices.

Econ 101. TANSTAAFL.

Yes, I am sure there is a high demand for the cruise we want, but I still like to save money if I can.

In the past we were able to acquire a nice sale during the same time frame, and hoping to do so again.

I believe , for me, it is best to book something I am sure I want and watch for a price drop. You can cancel later if the price does not work for you. If you wait prices can go up and it may be difficult to find a cabin you like.

I believe , for me, it is best to book something I am sure I want and watch for a price drop. You can cancel later if the price does not work for you. If you wait prices can go up and it may be difficult to find a cabin you like.

I follow your logic. However, if the current price is more than the OP is willing to pay, then booking a room with the intention of canceling if the price doesn't drop will only stabilize the current price or drive it up as you are now creating a false demand for that sailing. OP's best bet is to search for a TA who can discount to a price that they are willing to pay and continue to watch for price drops.

When does the current sale end? Is there another sale starting?

We are having bad luck, the cruise we want to take is never on the sale list.

Looking at other cruise lines, but really wanted to say with Princess.

thanks, Kaye

What cruise are you looking at?

I have always booked my cruises early with minimum deposit. Watch the price everyday and if it drops call princess and get better rate without any issues. Saved on last two cruises doing this and got a great cabin location by reserving early

I booked at a price I could afford and the cruise-tour we wanted (is it a tour-cruise if you do the land piece first?..... but I digress...)

My TA says if prices change significantly she can usually do a rebook for the exact same room at different pricing depending on the timing of the attempt.

I kinda like the room we have reserved. When I booked I knew the price. If I can get it cheaper without screwing things up then.... woo-hoo!

If not.... it is what it is. I'm not going to try to nickel and dime a $12k cruise. I'd prefer less stress. Some people ENJOY playing the game. I've done it. Now I have a TA who will do it FOR me, but only if I push the "GO!" button. Otherwise..... here's how much it costs and here's what you get. I'm not going to cry if someone booking in a few months gets the same cruise for a couple hundred dollars less.

No worry..... be happy....

What cruise are you looking at?

We are looking at a Eastern Caribbean cruise on Feb. 20, 2016. Or another option is Feb. 21, 2016.

I have searched for a TA online but everyone I have found has the same price as Princess or higher.

I don't know how to find a good TA like everyone else seems to have. My understanding is that you can't recommend a good TA on cruise critic. But I sure would like to know who everyone uses! ;)

We are looking at a Eastern Caribbean cruise on Feb. 20, 2016. Or another option is Feb. 21, 2016.

I have searched for a TA online but everyone I have found has the same price as Princess or higher.

I don't know how to find a good TA like everyone else seems to have. My understanding is that you can't recommend a good TA on cruise critic. But I sure would like to know who everyone uses! ;)

Since TA's can't advertise their deal , merely searching the internet won't

find much more than the current retail deal that you will get from the cruise line directly.

You have to call , email to request a quote . Then you will get "their price" :-)