Formal nights, Calif. coastal from LA

lovin_retirement

Taking the Calif coastal round trip from LA. Does anyone know which nights are the formal nights (2)? Days 2 and 4 are sea days, would make sense if these were the formal nights. We depart Santa Barbara and San Diego at 6pm so they are also possibilities.:rolleyes:

Is this the Oct 10 sailing?

• 4 weeks later...

Days 2and 4 are a good guess, but that's all.

Not first night, baggage may be delayed.

Not last, baggage has to go out.

Usually, but not always, a sea day. If not a sea day a day you leave port early.

Even on the same itinerary it may change.

No, November 1.

I was wondering the same thing which nights are formal on the Ruby Princess November 1 ?

Our itinerary is leave on Sunday, Monday sea day, Tuesday San Francisco depart 11 PM ,Wednesday sea day, Thursday Santa Barbara leave at 6 PM, Friday San Diego leave at 6 PM ,Saturday Ensenada leave at 2 PM ,Sunday arrive back in LA.

My guess would be first formal on Monday at sea and Wednesday at sea anybody else have any guesses ? Or knowledge?

Lovin_retirement come join our roll call.

Julie

I was wondering the same thing which nights are formal on the Ruby Princess November 1 ?

Our itinerary is leave on Sunday, Monday sea day, Tuesday San Francisco depart 11 PM ,Wednesday sea day, Thursday Santa Barbara leave at 6 PM, Friday San Diego leave at 6 PM ,Saturday Ensenada leave at 2 PM ,Sunday arrive back in LA.

My guess would be first formal on Monday at sea and Wednesday at sea anybody else have any guesses ? Or knowledge?

Lovin_retirement come join our roll call.

Julie

I'm confident that Monday will be the 1st formal night but it's doubtful to me if the 2nd would be 2 days later.

My guess would be after sailing from SD on Friday night & I'm sailing the same itinerary soon on the Crown & could let you know my experience.

I am leaving on Saturday (Oct. 3) for a 7-day California Coastal cruise. I have nothing against wearing a coat and tie, but I am just trying to minimize the amount of clothes I have to pack this time. So, we figured we would do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on one formal night and room service on another. I called Princess to pre-arrange a UBD. I asked the phone agent which nights would be formal. He told me that the formal nights were scheduled by the ship's staff, and he could not say with any sureness when they would be. However, he did say that, as often as not, the first formal night is on the first sea day. So, I asked for our UBD to be on Sunday. He also told me that once on board, I could call and change the UBD reservation.

I have since learned (thank you Cruise Critiquers) that the specialy restaurants do not require coat and tie on formal nights. We may do that on the second formal night. On the other hand my wife really loves room service. Is it a chick thing? :D

I'm confident that Monday will be the 1st formal night but it's doubtful to me if the 2nd would be 2 days later.

My guess would be after sailing from SD on Friday night & I'm sailing the same itinerary soon on the Crown & could let you know my experience.

Do I finally get to meet you? I'm on the Crown too. If you don't want to "reveal" that information online, I'll send you an email address.

Renee

I am leaving on Saturday (Oct. 3) for a 7-day California Coastal cruise. I have nothing against wearing a coat and tie, but I am just trying to minimize the amount of clothes I have to pack this time.

I have since learned (thank you Cruise Critiquers) that the specialy restaurants do not require coat and tie on formal nights. We may do that on the second formal night. On the other hand my wife really loves room service. Is it a chick thing? :D

To me the room service menu is too limited to have it for dinner unless in a suite with a complete dining room menu which I've only read about. :p

Like you we're not flying to the port & decided to pack formalwear for our cruise.

We board at the end of your cruise & hopefully you'll have a smooth experience because with 4 ships in San Pedro this Saturday parking may be an issue.

To me the room service menu is too limited to have it for dinner unless in a suite with a complete dining room menu which I've only read about. :p

Like you we're not flying to the port & decided to pack formalwear for our cruise.

We board at the end of your cruise & hopefully you'll have a smooth experience because with 4 ships in San Pedro this Saturday parking may be an issue.

Here's my temporary email address. Please send me a note so that I can reply to your email.

princesscr8tiv1 at gmail dot com

I hear you, AF. Like I said, Mrs. XBGuy just loves room service. To a certain extent, I get it. Every other night we will be enjoying big meals. We dine, almost exclusively, in the specialty restaurants, and, so, lightening up one evening is, really, not that big a sacrifice. We always bring our own wine for the room. So, I know I'll be drinking well with my burger or pizza. Besides, this way I get tons of "husband points." ;)

I also agree with you on this. I am a very nervous traveler. I like to know exactly where I am to go and how long it will take to get there. Orbiting a crowded parking lot is not a good way to start my getaway. So, I have hired a driver to pick me up and drive me to the berth.

Hmm. I couldn't just submit a post with my respose embedded into the part that I quoted. So, I had to compose this dummy response.

Hmm. I couldn't just submit a post with my respose embedded into the part that I quoted. So, I had to compose this dummy response.

With a balcony your room service dinner will be good & without a corkage fee for your wine.

We're flexible and both dates are the same except for the number of ships in port on embarkation day. However if we decided on the 3rd we would have also had a driver get us there.

Edited by Astro Flyer