Happiness is..........................

rabin1

Having power...................

I just got back home after evacuating last Friday for Irma. Power went out in the hotel Saturday night. I had come home for 5 minutes Monday and it was 98 degrees in house and power was out so I went to stay with some friends in Boca Raton. I had met them on the Serenade two years ago and we have become best friends. Cruise Critic friends and shipmates are the best. It was fun being with them there 2 younger kids and their dog, My neighbor across the street text me two hours ago and said our power was on. So 6 days with no power was tough. Not as tough as 2 weeks without power during Wilma. I lost my huge balcony this time. My screens and the metal bars are no longer there. I was going on a cruise when Sandy struck and they had 4 tugs holding us at the dock in Boston. I have now been thru the biggies like Carol, Andrew, Wilma, Katrina, Sandy and Irma. I think I paid my dues. Guess that is the price we pay for living in paradise. Happiness is Air Conditioning

From Kathy who is VERY HAPPY TO BE HOME AND WITH POWER. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers answered, Kathy; thanks for reporting back... I know that Broward County has much clean-up to accomplish but--all considered--it sounds as if you and your home weathered the storm very well...

Remarkably, the barrier island in Hallandale Beach never lost power [the rest of the city--west of the Intracoastal-- was out] and, in my high-rise, elevator and water service were restored as soon as sustained winds dropped to less than 40 MPH... That said, the shared roof-top cooling towers supporting air conditioning--newly replaced in January/February--sustained damage with uncertainty as to how quickly replacement parts can be secured/repairs can be completed...

Edited by Xport