Category CC vs VX

Big Timber

I have been on one Azamara cruise in a CC cabin. For my next cruise I am booked in a VX aft cabin. I am considering applying for an LCV upgrade. I do like aft balconies but have not seen a balcony cabin on Azamara. I would welcome recommendations. Thank you.

For sure apply. For the extras, an upgrade to a CC from a balcony is well worth it. They are quite a bit roomier, especially the bathroom. If you score an upgrade and for the reason of not wanting the location you've been offered you can always turn it down. You aren't committed to paying $398. You might change your mind in the meantime too.

Phil

For sure apply. For the extras, an upgrade to a CC from a balcony is well worth it. They are quite a bit roomier, especially the bathroom. If you score an upgrade and for the reason of not wanting the location you've been offered you can always turn it down. You aren't committed to paying $398. You might change your mind in the meantime too.

Phil

Thank you for the excellent advice. I wasn't sure if you could turn it down if the upgrade was approved. Your input is much appreciated.

Don't forget, it's not just having a bigger stateroom, you also get quite a few extras with a CC stateroom. Eating free in the speciality restaurants, butler and 235 minutes of free internet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a question. I had never looked at the amenities for the suites since I know I cannot afford one. I just did. It says on the Azamara web site that for a CC stateroom you do get to eat free in the specialty restaurants however there was no mention of a butler for that class of stateroom?? Please clarify for this person who would only get one if an upgrade became available......................lol

Thanks

Kathy

I have a question. I had never looked at the amenities for the suites since I know I cannot afford one. I just did. It says on the Azamara web site that for a CC stateroom you do get to eat free in the specialty restaurants however there was no mention of a butler for that class of stateroom?? Please clarify for this person who would only get one if an upgrade became available......................lol

Thanks

Kathy

CC suites have butler.

We have stayed in a veranda cabin on both our Azamara cruises and we think they are fine, except for the world's smallest shower! I am petite and I just don't know how taller/larger people manage. We definitely try for the $398 upgrade (didn't get it last time) but would not pay the $2K or so more that those suites seem to cost. We looked at one last cruise and yes a bit more space is nice but not worth the prices to us and I did not like that many don't seem to have the loveseat that's in the veranda cabins but instead have a chair seems odd that lower category would have a loveseat but not the CC suites!

However you don't receive any LCV internet minutes or laundry as well.

Apart from what has already been mentioned you also get free access to the private sun deck forward on deck 9 with the thalassotherapy pool which isn't specified on the website.

Phil

But the suite gets more minutes than even the top LCV benefit and the laundry is the same (one bag for each 7 days).

The t-pool and sun deck is a wonderful benefit. It's never crowded (at least I've never seen more than 2 people besides myself in 10 cruises). Just check in, show your card and enjoy.

We have stayed in a veranda cabin on both our Azamara cruises and we think they are fine, except for the world's smallest shower! I am petite and I just don't know how taller/larger people manage. We definitely try for the $398 upgrade (didn't get it last time) but would not pay the $2K or so more that those suites seem to cost. We looked at one last cruise and yes a bit more space is nice but not worth the prices to us and I did not like that many don't seem to have the loveseat that's in the veranda cabins but instead have a chair seems odd that lower category would have a loveseat but not the CC suites!

I have been told about the small showers in the veranda cabins. The one in CC was very nice. I agree about the lack of a love seat in the CC suite. The large chair was very comfortable but I would have preferred the love seat.

Apart from what has already been mentioned you also get free access to the private sun deck forward on deck 9 with the thalassotherapy pool which isn't specified on the website.

Phil

Somehow I missed out on that perk. Hopefully another time.

We’ve done 5 cruises on Azamara so far, always with some version of a balcony – bow, mid-ships and aft. We had a VX forward on our last cruise in August from Edinburgh to Stockholm which was our first experience of a balcony cabin. We’ve also been in a Club Continent once.

On this itinerary, it worked out fine. A few reasons for this:

· It was a very port intensive cruise and we had low expectations of sun worshipping meaning that value of access to Sanctum Terrace was always going to minimal.

· Being port intensive and European based, communication by phone was reasonably cheap for us, therefore the wi-fi minutes weren’t a big issue (our LCV allowance more than covered)

· One lot of laundry (again covered by our LCV benefit level) was ample.

In a Club Continent:

· Our experience in April and Dec 2016 cruises proved that it could be quite difficult for us, or our butler, to get our favoured booking times in theSpeciality restaurants. Booking directly ourselves as soon as we boarded sorted than one, and a combined package with a Chefs Table was just grand.

· we would have had a butler, but again on a very busy cruise not so important to us

· would have given us some spirits in house, but not a deal breaker…

In a VX:

· The shower is small, but we managed.

· You have the pleasure of a great view whether forward or aft, and for me that’s exceedingly important…

So I’d apply for an upgrade, but dependent on itinerary, season and personal preference, a VX maywork out just fine. Always nice to have a choice though so enjoy !

We’ve done 5 cruises on Azamara so far, always with some version of a balcony – bow, mid-ships and aft. We had a VX forward on our last cruise in August from Edinburgh to Stockholm which was our first experience of a balcony cabin. We’ve also been in a Club Continent once.

On this itinerary, it worked out fine. A few reasons for this:

· It was a very port intensive cruise and we had low expectations of sun worshipping meaning that value of access to Sanctum Terrace was always going to minimal.

· Being port intensive and European based, communication by phone was reasonably cheap for us, therefore the wi-fi minutes weren’t a big issue (our LCV allowance more than covered)

· One lot of laundry (again covered by our LCV benefit level) was ample.

In a Club Continent:

· Our experience in April and Dec 2016 cruises proved that it could be quite difficult for us, or our butler, to get our favoured booking times in theSpeciality restaurants. Booking directly ourselves as soon as we boarded sorted than one, and a combined package with a Chefs Table was just grand.

· we would have had a butler, but again on a very busy cruise not so important to us

· would have given us some spirits in house, but not a deal breaker…

In a VX:

· The shower is small, but we managed.

· You have the pleasure of a great view whether forward or aft, and for me that’s exceedingly important…

So I’d apply for an upgrade, but dependent on itinerary, season and personal preference, a VX maywork out just fine. Always nice to have a choice though so enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums