Time to depart ship

coachie

This is probably an old question. We have a flight out of Athens at 16.35. Does anyone know by what time we have to finally leave the Journey? Am wondering if it is worthwhile booking a day room if like some cruises I have been on we are off by 9.00am. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Normal very latest time is 9.30am, but you might find for your cruise ending in Athens they do the late debarkation program which means you pay a fee and can stay on the ship later, sometimes as late as 2.30pm. If they do it (and you'll only know that when you board) you'll still need to be out of your cabin by 8.30am latest on the last day, but you'll get a pass issued and can use the public areas, pool deck, bars etc. I can't remember how much it was the last time I did it. $35pp perhaps. If you want to do it ask at Guest Relations as soon as you get on. Perhaps have a day room booked that you can cancel with no fee as insurance?

Phil

This is probably an old question. We have a flight out of Athens at 16.35. Does anyone know by what time we have to finally leave the Journey? Am wondering if it is worthwhile booking a day room if like some cruises I have been on we are off by 9.00am. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

If you have your flight booked through Azamara, you should already have a day room as part of the package. We disembarked Quest approx 9 am and were booked into an airport hotel in Montreal last year. The transport to the hotel was also included.

If you have your flight booked through Azamara, you should already have a day room as part of the package. We disembarked Quest approx 9 am and were booked into an airport hotel in Montreal last year. The transport to the hotel was also included.

Maybe if you have a transatlantic flight with a later departure, but not a short haul European flight.

Phil

If you have your flight booked through Azamara, you should already have a day room as part of the package. We disembarked Quest approx 9 am and were booked into an airport hotel in Montreal last year. The transport to the hotel was also included.[/quote

You were very lucky that has never happened to us on our Azamara cruises anywhere in the World.

If you have your flight booked through Azamara, you should already have a day room as part of the package. We disembarked Quest approx 9 am and were booked into an airport hotel in Montreal last year. The transport to the hotel was also included.[/quote

You were very lucky that has never happened to us on our Azamara cruises anywhere in the World.

Always happened with TA’s with Celebrity as well.

Always happened with TA’s with Celebrity as well.

Like you I was on the TA last year to Montreal so got the day room and transfers as part of the package.

Not happening this year on the Quest TA to Miami. No day room etc. The other major change this year is that with Azamara UK arranged flights you always flew out the day before and spent a night in a local hotel before joining the ship next day. This year we are set to be flown out to Barcelona on the day Quest is due to sail - hopefully there are no flight delays. It seems that these days the more Azamara charges the less you get for your money

Like you I was on the TA last year to Montreal so got the day room and transfers as part of the package.

Not happening this year on the Quest TA to Miami. No day room etc. The other major change this year is that with Azamara UK arranged flights you always flew out the day before and spent a night in a local hotel before joining the ship next day. This year we are set to be flown out to Barcelona on the day Quest is due to sail - hopefully there are no flight delays. It seems that these days the more Azamara charges the less you get for your money

That was my experience last year as well in Europe. I normally DIY my flights, but used the Azamara package one time and they flew is into Athens on the day of the cruise . They used to be really good here, but have cut it to the bone.

Phil

.[/quote

From the UK they stopped including hotels the night before the cruise in Europe some time ago.

I totally totally agree about getting less for your money,prices are now getting silly.

Edited by Bloodaxe
Comment