Quest back to far east a month early in 2019

marinaro44

It maybe cannot be displayed until after all those currently booked have been accommodated... I think that's what happened when our 2018 cruises became Cuba a couple of months ago?

Our booking was moved from the original 9/4 trans-Pacific to the new 8/7 date, pending our decision. So I think you are correct. Can't see the new 8/21 Japan intensive yet, however.

Our booking was moved from the original 9/4 trans-Pacific to the new 8/7 date, pending our decision. So I think you are correct. Can't see the new 8/21 Japan intensive yet, however.

Have you heard back from Azamara to confirm your move to the new date? We haven't as yet and we are beginning to worry that we will lose our stateroom.

Just got a quote for an N2 CC suite on the 8/21 Japan intensive. Before any LCV discount it's $23,398 + $1237.60 tax for two, 14 days. No wonder they're leaving Alaska early for Japan. Crazy, I'm sorry to say.

Aug and Sept these are peak typhoon/cyclone months Japan is on average hit with three a year, I'd have hoped the prices reflected that as Caribbean cruises do in the hurricane season

It maybe cannot be displayed until after all those currently booked have been accommodated... I think that's what happened when our 2018 cruises became Cuba a couple of months ago?

We were also ones that were on the 2018 transatlantic that is now shorter, different date, and out of Lisbon now. We did move to that sailing and got our onboard credit.

I don't want to move my booking to this new 2019 sailing, until I see the new itinerary. My TA does not have the new itinerary and it's not posted. If anyone has it can they please post it here for me? Thank you very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were also ones that were on the 2018 transatlantic that is now shorter, different date, and out of Lisbon now. We did move to that sailing and got our onboard credit.

I don't want to move my booking to this new 2019 sailing, until I see the new itinerary. My TA does not have the new itinerary and it's not posted. If anyone has it can they please post it here for me? Thank you very much!!

We found this itinerary posted by an online TA -

• 08/07

Seward - Alaska

(Depart 07:00 PM)

• 08/08

Kodiak - Alaska

(09:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

• 08/09

At Sea

• 08/10

Dutch Harbor - Alaska

(08:00 AM - 02:00 PM)

• 08/11

At Sea

• 08/12

At Sea

• 08/13

International Dateline

• 08/14

At Sea

• 08/15

Petropavlovsk - Russia

(07:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

• 08/16

At Sea

• 08/17

At Sea

• 08/18

Kushiro - Japan

(08:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

• 08/19

Hakodate - Japan

• 08/20

At Sea

• 08/21

Tokyo - Japan

(Arrive 07:00 AM)

Same itinerary as before, 28 days earlier.

We found this itinerary posted by an online TA -

•  
  • 08/07

Seward - Alaska

(Depart 07:00 PM)

• 08/08

Kodiak - Alaska

(09:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

• 08/09

At Sea

• 08/10

Dutch Harbor - Alaska

(08:00 AM - 02:00 PM)

• 08/11

At Sea

• 08/12

At Sea

• 08/13

International Dateline

• 08/14

At Sea

• 08/15

Petropavlovsk - Russia

(07:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

• 08/16

At Sea

• 08/17

At Sea

• 08/18

Kushiro - Japan

• 08/19

Hakodate - Japan

• 08/20

At Sea

• 08/21

Tokyo - Japan

(Arrive 07:00 AM)

Thank you so much! It appears to be exactly the same, which is good news. Thank you!

Have you heard back from Azamara to confirm your move to the new date? We haven't as yet and we are beginning to worry that we will lose our stateroom.

I received a new invoice...but the cabin had changed...1 away from my original booking and at $100 pp more for the "basic" fare...I'm in touch with my TA about the price..ok with the cabin since just one away ...but if you really WANTED that cabin I would be concerned!!! LuAnn

Aug and Sept these are peak typhoon/cyclone months Japan is on average hit with three a year, I'd have hoped the prices reflected that as Caribbean cruises do in the hurricane season

Well we have been " a part of twice now" of the new "let's rearrange the schedule" right? I'm a little worried about how hot/humid it might be in Japan at that time? Your thoughts? LuAnn

Well we have been " a part of twice now" of the new "let's rearrange the schedule" right? I'm a little worried about how hot/humid it might be in Japan at that time? Your thoughts? LuAnn

I go to Japan several times a year. August is very humid and can be very hot. September/October is pleasant.

I go to Japan several times a year. August is very humid and can be very hot. September/October is pleasant.

That's what I was concerned about!...and the "typhoons" too!! :eek: I think I'm going to keep the new date but look around for something else when schedules on other lines become available. Not sure who else is published out this far? LuAnn

I see no incentive to book an Azamara cruise as far out as 2019. The prices are now ridiculously high and they seem to be constantly changing the itineraries on a whim or cancelling cruises, (often due to private charters) which just leads to disappointment.

Trouble is some of us have to do as to manage work commitments but I agree I now see Azamara as being unreliable in this respect.

I sent an email to a friend of ours who is also booked on this cruise to check to see if he was aware of the change. He had not heard anything about the date change!! He's not sure they can make it in August!! LuAnn

I was informed of the date change by email several days after it popped up on CC. And not from a T/A - it came from the accounting section of the agency since it was relating to a potential cancellation. Had to call and corrale an agent to make the change...and they had to find someone at AZ who could help. Took a while...

I was informed of the date change by email several days after it popped up on CC. And not from a T/A - it came from the accounting section of the agency since it was relating to a potential cancellation. Had to call and corrale an agent to make the change...and they had to find someone at AZ who could help. Took a while...

Thanks for this info...I have written to our friend and suggested they contact either AZ or TA to get info based on how they are booked....but is this the way it should be???? I don't think so, do you???? :) LuAnn

So if I am to understand this correctly the 30/7/2019 Vancouver to Vancouver 10 day cruise has been cancelled..... at least a week ago. Neither myself or my TA have been notified.

As I was not the one to cancel, will I get my entire $1200 deposit returned, or do I pay a $100 penalty for Azamaras decision? If someone could please advise me that would be great.

Just as I was getting excited about the 3rd ship, I've been bought back to reality :cool:

So if I am to understand this correctly the 30/7/2019 Vancouver to Vancouver 10 day cruise has been cancelled..... at least a week ago. Neither myself or my TA have been notified.

As I was not the one to cancel, will I get my entire $1200 deposit returned, or do I pay a $100 penalty for Azamaras decision? If someone could please advise me that would be great.

Just as I was getting excited about the 3rd ship, I've been bought back to reality :cool:

They are giving guests with existing bookings 30 days to decide whether to accept the new date or cancel. Azamara is offering up to $1000 OBC to rebook on the new date. They er also offering incentives to rebook another AZ cruise. No penalty for cancelling.

Apparent now that 2019 itineraries are impacted by the addition of Pursuit, formerly R8 (P&O Adona) to the Azamara fleet in Spring 2018. :)

Yes, just returned from Japan- even september is HOT, and typhoon brought rainy day in Nara.

The Atlantic coast of North America has hurricane season from June through December. Guess we shouldn't cruise anywhere from Newfoundland to the Caribbean during those months. The Med is HOT all summer. Guess we shouldn't cruise there in the summer, either. We dodged cyclone Nathan during a February-March Australian cruise a few years ago. Guess we shouldn't cruise there January through May. Then, there's Etna and the San Andreas fault, waiting to let go at any time.

Good grief! Where will we ever cruise?:rolleyes: