OBC (again)

mare s.

I just spoke to an Azamara rep because I was having some difficulty reserving the Azamazing evening on our upcoming January 2018 cruise (the website kept telling me my credit card on file was not valid but there is no obvious option to change it...even though the Azamazing evening is free!)

He very helpfully checked it all out and sent me an email confirmation (while commenting that he didn't understand why the website demanded a credit card.) So I asked him if he knew anything about using OBC for shore excursions and the website fix. He basically told me what Bonnie has been saying....they are going to get it done (and he said it will be a complete website overhaul) but no idea when. He said they had been told August but obviously that didn't happen. However, he said (and this is what I find interesting) that they are allowing the workaround for everyone...we can book the shore ex then on board cancel and re-book with OBC. I remarked that their website FAQ's still specifically forbade this, but he said they were allowing this as a benefit to their cruisers. So...I'm hoping this is correct info.

The Azamazing sign up has always been like this asking and then declining credit card info. The only way to tell if it's taken is to go back into your booking and look at what shorex you have booked. It should have you down as booking it. It's no problem at all booking on the ship however if it hasn't worked. These days I think you could even just turn up. I haven't been asked for tickets in ages. It's just nice go by the protocol.

Phil

Not sure how we lucked into this, but a very nice Azamara Shore excursion rep named Steve contacted us to see if we wanted to sign up for our Azamazing evening. He took care of it for us and since then has helped us with our other excursions. Immediately emailed receipts. Great service.