V5 Balcony cabin vs V1-V4

hgrca

Looking for some help here as we are considering Seabourn Odyssey and have not sailed this line or ship before. Our agent is vehement that we can't book a V1-V4 balcony cabin and must book a V5. He claims that Seabourn warns each v1-v4 booking that the view is impacted by a steel outer wall as opposed to a glass outer wall on a V5. The price difference is high enough that it makes me question this. Your help is appreciated.

Can anyone who has been on the Explorer tell me if the same is true on the explorer. We have always booked a v3 to avoid the steel bottom. I am currently booking a cruise next year on the Ovation and was intending to go with my usual v3.

Can anyone who has been on the Explorer tell me if the same is true on the explorer. We have always booked a v3 to avoid the steel bottom. I am currently booking a cruise next year on the Ovation and was intending to go with my usual v3.

I guess you mean Encore? The suites arrangement is the same - steel 'bottoms' only on deck 5, which are all V1 or V2.

Looking for some help here as we are considering Seabourn Odyssey and have not sailed this line or ship before. Our agent is vehement that we can't book a V1-V4 balcony cabin and must book a V5. He claims that Seabourn warns each v1-v4 booking that the view is impacted by a steel outer wall as opposed to a glass outer wall on a V5. The price difference is high enough that it makes me question this. Your help is appreciated.

Your agent is wrong. Only V1 and V2 categories have the half steel verandahs . And even the midship V2 category is fine. The only thing you sacrifice is seeing the water when your'e laying in bed . V3 and V4 certainly have all glass verandahs.

I did mean Encore. Sorry. I notice that on the deck plans on the Seabourn website there is an indication which suites have balconies with part metal and part glass. I am not sure if that has always been there. I never noticed before.