Thinking of Azamara

fudge

I've been looking at the deck plans for the Azamara ships and aside from room size the bathrooms outside of a club spa suite look absolutely miniscule.

Also, they may wish to redo the 3d renderings of their rooms. The splotchy floor thing doesn't look good IMO.

i-B6Htmzz-M.png

Club Continent Suite

i-ZM7HrCL-L.png

Club Verandah Stateroom

i-JqJLTmj-L.png

Edited by Emperor Norton

I have sailed Seabourn more times than I can count. I did the Azamara Journey last year and loved it. I had the top verandah stateroom (right below the Suites) and I thought the layout was wonderful and had plenty of room. I spent a lot of time on the verandah as it was very deep and not windy at all. I had breakfast almost every day there. They make a great hash.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The ship is very pretty. The alternate Restos were great and I especially loved the Arabian tasting dinner. The best rum raisin gelato I have ever had. Best calamari I have ever had. I hate buffets but absolutely loved their themed dinner buffets and dining al fresco.

The drinks I ordered were made perfectly well, though not the highest quality. The Rum was Mount Gay and I like that. Prosescco was fine.

Eric deGray is a joy and it was so nice to sail with him again. I thought the entertainment was better than Seabourn.

I went for the itinerary and I think OP should go for it. I paid a lot less for Azamara then I have paid for Seabourn and I didn't have great expectations. Maybe that's the secret. I was blown away that I enjoyed it so much. If they have an itinerary I like would not hesitate to book them again.

Whatever you do enjoy it! In the end it doesn't matter what others think as it's all about how you will or will not enjoy it and only you know the answer. If you must have a suite and caviar then you may not be happy. While nice, I am just as happy without it if I like everything else, which I did on the Journey.