Crystal Mozart

laserboi

Laserboi, we have also booked a cruise on the Mozart (over Easter). We have never done a river cruise but we have sailed a few times on Crystal's ocean ships and if they manage to transfer the on board experience to their river boats then we're going to be in for a treat. From the reviews I have read on this forum and the blogs that have been posted here (just do a search) it seems that everyone has had a great experience. The interior decor looks fabulous and I think the food and wine served on board is going to be exceptional. I'll be posting whilst we are on board and happy to answer any questions you may have. From what I have seen and read so far I don't think there is a river boat experience that comes close to the Mozart.

Susan, can't wait to read your review. With the boat being out of commission for the winter there is very little more for me to read about the Mozart, which I love doing as much as possible before any cruise or vacation, as it adds to the excitement! I'm particularly interested in which excursions you enjoyed - any that you thought were especially worthwhile or any that you didn't do but wished you had?

I cruised the Mozart in November and will be posting a long overdue review soon. I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Susan

Thanks Susan Looking forward to your review. I've read the storage space is rather limited. What was your experience ?

PH level is not an issue. Slightly less closet space in the other rooms compared to standard rooms the ocean ships. Also less storage room in the bathrooms given the smaller bathrooms. But no different to other river boats.

Luggage can go underneath the beds like the ocean ships.

We remove the wooden hangers supplied and used our own wire hangers - this practice releases loads of closet space, even in a PH suite. Also remove the robes and hang them on the hooks in the hallway by the room door.

Extra shoes can go underneath the armchair or tables. Items than are not regularly used, can be left in the suitcases. Just needs a bit of thinking.

Crystal regular rooms on the river vessels are bigger than many other river boats.