Porto, Portugal

SOShrink

I have a question about the Porto section of the Uniworld Portugal, Douro River Valley cruise for the few who have taken this trip. After spending a few days in Lisbon, we travel to Porto on Day 4 (having stopped in Coimbra on the way) and board the ship. Then it says that after "after unpacking" we sail from Porto sailing under all the bridges "as you cruise away from Porto", etc. But on Day 5, the next day, we have all the Porto tours. So how can we do that if we sailed from Porto the night before? Does the ship return to Porto or maybe just dock somewhere else? Just a minor issue but I was curious!

I have a question about the Porto section of the Uniworld Portugal, Douro River Valley cruise for the few who have taken this trip. After spending a few days in Lisbon, we travel to Porto on Day 4 (having stopped in Coimbra on the way) and board the ship. Then it says that after "after unpacking" we sail from Porto sailing under all the bridges "as you cruise away from Porto", etc. But on Day 5, the next day, we have all the Porto tours. So how can we do that if we sailed from Porto the night before? Does the ship return to Porto or maybe just dock somewhere else? Just a minor issue but I was curious!

Since you cannot sail at night on this river, this sounds strange to me. It is only navigable by day.

We did the Douro with AMA and were overnight in Porto twice, at the beginning and the end.

• 4 months later...