Yacht Club Laundry Service

goaliemn

Hello. I'm doing the Yacht Club on the Speldidida in November and had a question on laundry service.. I thought I had read somewhere it was included with YC. Is that the case? Trying to plan some for packing for the trip and that would make a difference for us.

Thanks

it is not included but I believe they do have some discounts. I'm boarding the Divina YC on Saturday, and we pre-payed for the 40 item laundry package. It was $50. The package does not include dry cleaning, so if any pieces need that, I'll see what the Voyagers Club and Yacht Club discounts are offered.

I know the package includes ironing and pressing, as that was our main concern, but we are also staying in Miami for a bit after our cruise, so we wanted some things freshened up. It would be great if the butlers just took care of pressing. My BF always worries about his dress shirts wrinkling!

There are no Yacht Club discounts for laundry services EXCEPT for the long Grand Voyages (e.g. transatlantic crossings) when a 30% laundry discount is included. This discount is based on the list price of the laundry service price list which will be found in your YC suite wardrobe. Also there are no specific Voyagers Club laundry discounts.

Hmmm, when I bought the package it said in the fine print "not to be combined with Yacht Club or Voyagers Club discounts" that's why I thought there were some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I questioned that very same language too. I think that's another language barrier issue. Unfortunately no additional specials/discounts offered. BUt- MSC pricing for laundry is so reasonable who cares :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Hi 

I don t want my laundry done by someone. Prefer to launder and iron myself for a fee, especially ironing. On Princess there are laundry stations with paid washing machines and free irons, it was grest. Does MSC have that? Hate to have laundry all over the bathroom and balcony, but never give my laundry out( the price does not worry me) we are in the yachtclub. 

On 10/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, Kangap said:

Hi 

I don t want my laundry done by someone. Prefer to launder and iron myself for a fee, especially ironing. On Princess there are laundry stations with paid washing machines and free irons, it was grest. Does MSC have that? Hate to have laundry all over the bathroom and balcony, but never give my laundry out( the price does not worry me) we are in the yachtclub. 

No self serve laundry on MSC.

1 hour ago, Zephyr173 said:

There are no irons in the cabins either. 

I believe there is dry cleaning available, but for a steep fee,

The laundry packages are cheap compared to many laundry/dry-cleaning stores in the US.

We pre-paid a laundry package on Meraviglia, the offers were for laundry and/or dry cleaning:

20 pieces $41 = $2.05 per piece

40 pieces $53 = $1.33 per piece

There is no way I would let DW wash & iron anything if we can have it done for $1.33 per piece.

We choose ‘on hanger’ while cruising and ‘folded’ before disembarking, worked perfect for us.

Edited by SirWolf

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

The laundry packages are cheap compared to many laundry/dry-cleaning stores in the US.

We pre-paid a laundry package on Meraviglia, the offers were for laundry and/or dry cleaning:

There is no way I would let DW wash & iron anything if we can have it done for $1.33 per piece.

We choose ‘on hanger’ while cruising and ‘folded’ before disembarking, worked perfect for us.

YES!  Having laundry returned "folded" before disembarking is such a worthwhile amenity.  

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

We were on the Seaside last week and prepaid $20 for 10 items. We sent just shirts, (including my white dress shirt) pants, and blouses. They all came back perfect, washed, ironed, and on hangers.