Encore breaks moorings

Thecat123

One of those suction cup things would spring that back out, wouldn't it ? 😜😉

Just need a bunch of bondo and then paint. Suction only works with thin sheet metal like cars. Sure this is too thick to suck out. Or, perhaps cut out that area and weld in a new plate and paint. Not really difficult for a ship yard.

Here is a time lapse video with better photos

Thank you for posting that, "Thecat" much clearer.

You can certainly see Encore rocking when the wind hits her.

That coastal ship was unlucky that she came in when she did, but probably lucky for Encore, as she absorbed some of the shock.

• 2 weeks later...

Great video. We were on a Carnival ship 8 years ago in Cozumel which had a similar experience. I was up on the top deck to take pictures of our departure when I noticed a huge squall approaching us (the sky was pitch black). The captain nevertheless decided to depart on time and we were halfway out in the harbor when the winds (recorded at 68 mph on the ship's log) hit us and drove us into a RCCL ship which was docked on the other side of the harbor. Fortunately the collision was side to side which reduced the damage. The ship made an announcement shortly after requesting that passengers not take any pictures of the collision or resulting damage. My wife, who was observing from our veranda, heard a young passenger yell that she had posted a video on youtube of the collision within 5 minutes of its happening. There is always someone with a camera! We will be boarding the Encore in Singapore in a few weeks and I imagine the cosmetic repairs will have taken place by then.

• 7 months later...
The Encore still has the dent. It is very large! If does look like the area was painted.

I took a few photos of the dent when we were on a tender in July, however I am having problems trying to post one via "Forums"

Something that I was not aware of was that the bollards pulled out of the jetty decking ! :o (and that was why Encore was allowed to sail that night.)