Seem to have developed an NCL phobia, Escape specifically.

AdoraBelle

I guess I'll just leave it at this: if you've gotten violently ill on a cruise, to the point that you associate the ship (and the memories of the food you ate before getting sick) with 36 hours of sheer misery ... how long before you were ready to hop on board again?

Strange question. Since most of us didn't get sick like you while cruising NCL, how are we supposed to know the answer?

My daughter got sick the first night a few cruises back, she never wore the dress again that she was wearing that night!

I think you should go back on the Escape, but choose a completely different room and then avoid the areas where you went before and during your illness until a few days in. Good Luck!

Strange question. Since most of us didn't get sick like you while cruising NCL, how are we supposed to know the answer?

Easy answer, and not a strange question at all: it was aimed at people who HAD become ill on ships. Or are we now pretending even noro isn't a thing?

To put another way: if a post isn't relevant to your experiences, you're not obligated to reply to it.

For the other people who have posted something other than the patented "why did you bother to post this" CC response, thanks for the feedback. Sorry I didn't return to the thread earlier.

I'm still kinda hedging. I really need to get on a cruise soon and clear my head, and I love Cozumel. I've looked into some other lines, but the nearest competitors who do have westerns don't have things the away ships have ... solo rooms and the thermal suite, for starters. I might hop on the GA earlier than I planned to go before it heads away for the summer ... or I might end up back on escape, I don't know. So far it still makes me a little queasy to ponder.

(Side note ... on ships I always loved making cheese plates from the buffet to take back from my room, especially Brie. This was one of the last things I ate before I got ill on Escape, and I haven't been able to consume Brie since. Fortunately it doesn't seem to affected my ability to eat other cheeses.=D)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk