Nutrition info for buffalo wings at O'Sheehan's?

Jezo

I too will be boarding the Breakaway on Monday.

In November the wings weren't exactly breaded (flour, egg ,breadcrumb). It was more like they were just dredged in flour before frying.

I'm also used to wings with no coating other than spices and sauce.

That being said, I still liked the wings.

But for those on low carb it's just flour, not bread crumb too, so could be worse.

Edited by Gregor4500

But for those on low carb it's just flour, not bread crumb too, so could be worse.

Flour is worse than bread crumbs for a low carber, although it depends on if they are LCHF, Paleo, Keto or some other variant, and the difference is slight. Flour has 6 grams per tablespoon, and bread crumbs 5 grams.

Sorry about the dude lol. I know the policy from back in 2015 but this was not a remnant of this. I got the feeling that it was just a gem/ osheehans thing because no one was stopping you from taking food out of the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can now officially say that Moby was 100% CORRECT. We were not allowed to get to go chicken wings tonight from O'Sheehan's on Breakaway. They said I could ask the Butler to bring them, but we decided to just get real room service instead. So, dude, you were right. :o :D

No problem taking food out from the buffet though. Maybe it has to do with how full the ship is. I believe this sailing is sold out. We wanted to eat at O'Sheehan's but we were told the wait would be at least a half hour. We left and went to the Main dining rooms. Same thing. So we went back up to the Haven restaurant and ate there.

LOL.....I have thought the same! I think their best offering is the wings :-)

im convinced that O'Sheehans is where they train everyone who is new to food service on an NCL ship. that way they can contain them in one location the promote them to the MDR's then Specialties.

food is always bad and service is slowest anywhere.

• 1 month later...
I have ordered them without sauce and the are definitely breaded.

This is one of the worst things I have read...certainly since I booked my cruise and am very much on the Keto diet train....oh well :( Doesn't look like O'Sheenans will be my destination as often...maybe a blackened chicken Cesar or on prime rib night?

This is one of the worst things I have read...certainly since I booked my cruise and am very much on the Keto diet train....oh well :( Doesn't look like O'Sheenans will be my destination as often...maybe a blackened chicken Cesar or on prime rib night?

Sad to report that there is no longer a Prime Rib night - at least on the Epic 2 weeks ago. We watched all week and then heard it had been discontinued. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dawn Repo Oct 2016

Tried O'sheehan wings first night (thai). NOT GOOD. Soggy, undercooked, did not finish.

Gave wings a second try 3rd night (buffalo) . NOT GOOD. It's bar food, how can you screw it up this badly? Never again.

Midnight drunken stagger home, mid-cruise. NOT GOOD -- forgot about previous reconnaissance results-- how can a DRUNK reject wings?!!!

We love wings, and have had our share of so-so restaurant fare. Prefer our home-made ones to anything. O'sheehan wings were dreadful.

Sad to report that there is no longer a Prime Rib night - at least on the Epic 2 weeks ago. We watched all week and then heard it had been discontinued. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Breakaway in January, the first night was Prime Rib night in O'Sheehan's

20170102_205527_zpsklyhotbs.jpg

We were on the Jewel last month, the 16-night Panama Canal cruise. Although this was our 8th cruise with NCL, it was the first time we've eaten at O'Sheehans. We loved the wings.

I'd read this thread before we sailed, including the debate over whether the wings are breaded or not, and so my wife and I tried to figure this out each of the several times we had wings there. Oddly, we weren't quite sure! They did not seem breaded in the traditional sense, but they surely did not seem "naked." How strange that we could not tell!! ;p (But if I had to bet, I'd say there's some sort of breading on them.)

But we did love them! :)

We were on the Jewel last month, the 16-night Panama Canal cruise. Although this was our 8th cruise with NCL, it was the first time we've eaten at O'Sheehans. We loved the wings.

I'd read this thread before we sailed, including the debate over whether the wings are breaded or not, and so my wife and I tried to figure this out each of the several times we had wings there. Oddly, we weren't quite sure! They did not seem breaded in the traditional sense, but they surely did not seem "naked." How strange that we could not tell!! ;p (But if I had to bet, I'd say there's some sort of breading on them.)

But we did love them! :)

I would hazard a guess they are dusted with either flour or cornstarch or both, to help the crispiness, so not breaded in the traditional sense

While low in carbs, you're fooling yourself about chicken wings lol...

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-chicken-flour-coated-fried-chicken-wing-with-skin_f-ZmlkPTE1NTYwMw.html

Terrible for you.

I don't think they are fooling themselves. If they are on a low/no carb for weight loss, the only thing that really matters is to keep the diet under a certain amount of carbs. They tend to be high in saturated fat. Eat all the pepperoni you want.

I think we can all agree that if healthy eating is your goal, chicken wings should be avoided. But hey, it's a cruise, so calories don't count anyway.

Actually my doctor has me on the Keto diet which is 5% Carbs, 75% fat, 20% Protein. Wings (assuming the sauce is not sugar loaded) and they are not as some say breaded would be a perfectly healthy thing to eat. Extra Mayo, Bacon, Cheese etc. are some of the great and healthy things I am allowed to enjoy on a low carb diet. :D

Actually my doctor has me on the Keto diet which is 5% Carbs, 75% fat, 20% Protein. Wings (assuming the sauce is not sugar loaded) and they are not as some say breaded would be a perfectly healthy thing to eat. Extra Mayo, Bacon, Cheese etc. are some of the great and healthy things I am allowed to enjoy on a low carb diet. :D

Same here....have lost about 20lbs in the last 6 weeks...so...yeah...it works ;) Your body REQUIRES fat to survive....carbs...nope...doesn't require that at all to survive :) For those that are at all interested...a high fat diet keeps you feeling full longer on less food...thus you end up actually eating less calories than on a low fat, high carb diet. Not only that...but if you eat less calories than your body is burning, then your body starts burning your fat stores to make up the difference...see how that works ;) The fat free diet is an unhealthy myth...take a look at the obesity rates since the low fat diet became the mantra of the mainstream medical establishment.

*stepping down from the Keto Pulpit* lol