Shareholder benefit continued for 2012/2013

capnpugwash

Why are the UK brands benefits (onboard credit) half of US and Australian brands. Surely the benefits should be the same across all Carnival brands.

Just a thought.

If I am reading the brochure correctly, the OBC amounts for the UK brands are in UK pounds sterling while the amounts for the US brands are in US dollars. At the current exchange rate, the £125 Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer for UK brands works out to be about $200. Granted, that is less than the $250 OBC listed for the US brands, but better than half.

Of course this still begs the question as to why the amounts aren't closer to equivalent. It's been about four years since £1 was worth $2.

Regards,

John.

I don't have shares but I have very interested in getting some for a while. Its been a while since I owned shares so I cant remember how to go about getting any. By memory I would have to contact a broker? and I know there is a minimum but not sure how man? Some advice would be wonderful.:)

Also does the Australian brands means that we would only have P&O and Princess???

I don't have shares but I have very interested in getting some for a while. Its been a while since I owned shares so I cant remember how to go about getting any. By memory I would have to contact a broker? and I know there is a minimum but not sure how man? Some advice would be wonderful.:)

Also does the Australian brands means that we would only have P&O and Princess???

I think you can buy them through Banks etc but a broker is easier, google "buying shares" might help. If you own 100 Carnival shares you will get OBC on any of the lines that they own not just those in the Antipodes.

I understand the difference (or at least I think I do) between Carnival Corp. and Carnival PLC.

But can anyone explain to me, in words of one syllable, why Carnival PLC (CUK) traded on NYSE has a dividend, and Carnival PLC (CCL.L) traded on LSE seems to have no dividend?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Regards, Colin.

The small print exclusions say "anyone cruising on a reduced-rate"

Does this mean the OBC only applies to the full brochure price?

David.

Hi Balf. My CCL stockholder credit has been applied to four cruises since I purchased the stock last year and I did not pay full brochure price on any of those voyages.:) -S.

• 4 months later...

Questions for those of you in the know:

1. How far in advance do you have to submit your claim for shareholder credit? (months? weeks? days?)

2. Do you have to submit your proof of ownership BEFORE you book or fully pay for your cruise?

Reason for questions:

If I were to purchase stock NOW could I apply for and receive the OBC for a cruise November 5 that I have already booked and paid for in full?

I had never heard of the shareholder credit prior to this evening so please forgive my time-sensitive questions.

Even if it wouldn't be possible to do anything for the upcoming cruise I would still appreciate any info you could provide that might prove useful for future cruises.

1. How far in advance do you have to submit your claim for shareholder credit? (months? weeks? days?)

2. Do you have to submit your proof of ownership BEFORE you book or fully pay for your cruise?

According to this:

1) At least 2 weeks before sail date.

2) No

However, be aware that shareholder benefit cannot be combined with other promotions, so if you already have OBC from somewhere else, it won't apply

According to this:

However, be aware that shareholder benefit cannot be combined with other promotions, so if you already have OBC from somewhere else, it won't apply

Not true.

We have just had Shareholder OBC applied to our January QE cruise - and we have $2,000 OBC from Cunard on that as well! We have had cruise line OBC PLUS shareholder OBC on loads of cruises.

There was a thread on the HAL board a while back that said you can't apply for the shareholder benefit via email any longer.

If I do a google search, I get to a different PDF, which does not include the email addresses. It's fax or snailmail now, apparently. This pdf has August 2012 in the filename, so it's newer than the version posted on this thread in May.

The old address I had was shareholderbenefit@cunard.com. This worked last winter.

the Cunard website now says to email to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Has anyone used email to apply recently?

In my past experience multiple types of OBC can be applied to your account. I have had Military, shareholder, Travel agent and purchased for one voyage.

I fax in my request for Shareholder benefit and am always left wondering if the office received it or not:confused: I never get an email to confirm!

Is there a better way to apply or is this the normal thing.

I have received it ok in the past and have to check through my travel agent as Cunard will not tell (must be a secret huh:eek:)

Julie

In my past experience multiple types of OBC can be applied to your account. I have had Military, shareholder, Travel agent and purchased for one voyage.

I fax in my request for Shareholder benefit and am always left wondering if the office received it or not:confused: I never get an email to confirm!

Is there a better way to apply or is this the normal thing.

I have received it ok in the past and have to check through my travel agent as Cunard will not tell (must be a secret huh:eek:)

Julie

I have done the request by email twice. Once with HAL, and I did not get a confirmation (but the credit was there, no problem). Once with Cunard, and I did get a confirming email. I will go the fax route since it seems to be what they want now, and I will give my email address and ask for a confirmation.

If you motto is buy low and sell high, right now might not be the best time to buy. The American stock market is on a current high. God only knows if there will be a forthcoming correction. Currently, on after hours trading, the price per an American share of Carnival Corp is $37.13. The 52 week low was $29.15 and the 52 week high was $39.00.

The small print exclusions say "anyone cruising on a reduced-rate"

Does this mean the OBC only applies to the full brochure price?

David.

No. I currently have the OBC for our upcoming QM2 sailing and had it in April for a Princess cruise. With that said, I always get the best price and don't believe I have ever paid the full prochure price! ;)

I understand the difference (or at least I think I do) between Carnival Corp. and Carnival PLC.

But can anyone explain to me, in words of one syllable, why Carnival PLC (CUK) traded on NYSE has a dividend, and Carnival PLC (CCL.L) traded on LSE seems to have no dividend?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Regards, Colin.

We have the US version and no, there is no dividend. But I look at my OBC as my dividend, which will be $350 this year....;)

Reason for questions:

If I were to purchase stock NOW could I apply for and receive the OBC for a cruise November 5 that I have already booked and paid for in full?

I had never heard of the shareholder credit prior to this evening so please forgive my time-sensitive questions.

Even if it wouldn't be possible to do anything for the upcoming cruise I would still appreciate any info you could provide that might prove useful for future cruises.

If it is applied for, two weeks in advance, there should be no problem, although I wouldn't wait and I would try to do it as soon as possible.

I wouldn't try to do before I paid in full, just in case we changes our minds and didn't take the cruise.

Not true.

We have just had Shareholder OBC applied to our January QE cruise - and we have $2,000 OBC from Cunard on that as well! We have had cruise line OBC PLUS shareholder OBC on loads of cruises.

You are correct, I have had both cruiseline credit and the share holder credit.

Hi all

Someone asked why Carnival listed on two stock exchanges. the following is an excerpt from Wikipedia.

Carnival Corporation & plc is a dual listed company, with headquarters at Carnival House in Southampton, Hampshire, England and Carnival Place in the Miami suburb of Doral, Florida, USA.[2][3][4] The constituent corporation and plc are separate listed companies and have different shareholder bodies, but they jointly own all the operating companies in the group. Carnival Corporation owns the majority stake; however as part of the merger between Carnival Corporation and P&O Princess Cruises in 2002 it was agreed that P&O Princess would be relisted as Carnival plc in London, remaining a separate company with a predominantly British shareholder body and largely retaining the P&O Princess executive team.

Regards

Norm

We have the US version and no, there is no dividend. But I look at my OBC as my dividend, which will be $350 this year....;)

The USA stock for CCL does have a dividend last time i looked.

It is currently 25c a share so for the minimum stock for OBC you get quarterly $25 into your stock account.

Julie

Archived