New Cocktail menu Club and Observation Bars.

clarky

We are currently on the Sojourn and we have just received the new cocktail menu for the Club and Observation Bars so I thought I would share them with you. We are slowly going through the menu. We are on until Dubai so will give you some feedback once we have tried them. At the moment we have tried about two each and I liked them both.

Club01.pdf

Club02.pdf

Observation01.pdf

Observation02.pdf

Premium.pdf

Edited by clarky

Glad to see that the Tequila offerings have finally been upgraded still no Anejo but better than the sugar laden prior offerings. Does this mean Chopin is no longer available? One strong point of the complementary offerings for liquor was the Vodka selection

So far I have tried the Upper East Side (which I enjoyed it was rather sweet but the fresh rosemary gave it an added savory flavour). I also tried the Cider House Rules (this I really enjoyed). The cinnamon sticks in the drink gave it a spicy flavour which I enjoyed. These cocktails are also served in special glassware which also gives a special feeling to the drinks. It is taking some time to get the cocktails as the bartenders become accustomed to the new menu. So far so good. The others in our group tried the gin and homemade tonic which at first glance looks rather orange. Arki (the bar manager) explained that the colour is removed in the tonic from the cans. My husband tried the Thyme and again but did not really care for it. I'm sure we will find our favourites on the menu and order them again and again.

I also tried the Cider House Rules (this I really enjoyed). The cinnamon sticks in the drink gave it a spicy flavour which I enjoyed. These cocktails are also served in special glassware which also gives a special feeling to the drinks. It is taking some time to get the cocktails as the bartenders become accustomed to the new menu. So far so good.

I think the Cider House Rules was what a friend ordered most nights when they introduced the menu to Odyssey in February. The cinnamon sticks and other spices made it a lovely drink.

Sometimes it's fun to be a guinea pig :).

Julie

Glad to see that the Tequila offerings have finally been upgraded still no Anejo but better than the sugar laden prior offerings. Does this mean Chopin is no longer available? One strong point of the complementary offerings for liquor was the Vodka selection

All of the previous liquor selections are still available. These are the additional offerings.

One interesting side effect of the new offerings is that there is no longer room at the Observation Bar to house all the bottles AT the bar. We watched Martin have to move back and forth between the bar and the locked cabinet on the wall as he rotated out the bottles he'd stocked the bar with and the bottles the guests currently in the OB were actually drinking.

We tried most of the cocktails in both venues on the recent crossing... I'll be writing about it soon. My favorite part of it all is the new glassware and that Tito's is now available for my Bloody Mary!

The bar stocking arrangement is not good in the Observation Bar - unlike the Club, and other sensible bars, where the alcohol can be locked away behind a grille, the bottles have to be brought out for each session. We saw this on a wet day at noon, when a very grumpy bartender had to get them all out of the side cupboards so people could have a drink indoors. I am not sure if this will still apply on the new ships; a definite design mistake IMO.

Looking forward to trying one or two of these new drinks. Thanks for the 'recipes' jeni.

Oh great -- with the exception of an occasional margarita I don't even drink cocktails -- but in the interest of being open minded I will certainly have to try one or two on my June trip. Julie, I agree the Ciderhouse Rules sounds interesting. Clarke thank you for taking the time to post all of the menus -- and in a readable format! And Jenidallas glad to see you are still on the job digging up more info and providing your astute observations..

Many thanks to Clarky for the cocktail menus. Are the cocktails with the cane sugar syrup very sweet? I like fruity cocktails but not overly sweet. Is the mixologist allowed to adjust the recipe to taste or is it like the take it of leave it approach with the other new 'food and beverage' offering :D ?

We just got off Odyssey after 43 nites aboard and managed to try many of the new drinks. We preferred the classic cocktails on the OB menu and thought some were outstanding. We also liked many of the craft cocktails on the Club menu but a few were just plain weird. Bartenders were excited by these additional offerings but it takes a little longer since many of the new drinks are made from scratch and they're still getting familiar with the preparations.

As for the question about drinks with cane sugar syrup, no they were not noticeably sweet as they were usually balanced with lemon or lime juice. And yes, you can make any changes you wish to the concoctions. On the front page of the Club menu it says "... the staff has been trained in the art of flavor profiling and will happily adjust any cocktail so that it suits your particular tastes ...".

We just got off Odyssey after 43 nites aboard and managed to try many of the new drinks. We preferred the classic cocktails on the OB menu and thought some were outstanding. We also liked many of the craft cocktails on the Club menu but a few were just plain weird. Bartenders were excited by these additional offerings but it takes a little longer since many of the new drinks are made from scratch and they're still getting familiar with the preparations.

As for the question about drinks with cane sugar syrup, no they were not noticeably sweet as they were usually balanced with lemon or lime juice. And yes, you can make any changes you wish to the concoctions. On the front page of the Club menu it says "... the staff has been trained in the art of flavor profiling and will happily adjust any cocktail so that it suits your particular tastes ...".

That makes me curious, do they have a new Bloody Mary, or is it still a dozen orders = a dozen variations on the drink?

Many thanks MightyQuinn. Not really a spirit (hard liquor?) drinker but can be persuaded when in a cocktail. I'll order them and if I don't like them I'm sure my beloved will finish them off - he will be very thirsty after all that mountain biking 😁

We are neither big cocktail or wine drinkers, not do we eat caviar, but good to know the new menu is being well received. Occasionally it is fun to try something new. I just prefer to save my calories for ice cream and frosting!!

We are currently on the Sojourn and we have just received the new cocktail menu for the Club and Observation Bars so I thought I would share them with you. We are slowly going through the menu. We are on until Dubai so will give you some feedback once we have tried them. At the moment we have tried about two each and I liked them both.

The Louis XIII Sidecar for $219 must have been popular:eek:

That makes me curious, do they have a new Bloody Mary, or is it still a dozen orders = a dozen variations on the drink?

A dozen variations, even when made by the same bartender every day.

I still fail to understand why Seabourn can't get a good Bloody Mary right... this is something even a mass line like NCL can make well.

A dozen variations, even when made by the same bartender every day.

I still fail to understand why Seabourn can't get a good Bloody Mary right... this is something even a mass line like NCL can make well.

Heh. Plus ca change... I guess I'll have to keep trying to get the secret recipe for the sangrita based mix I like.

Hi Emperor,

Really enjoying the pictures and posts of the cruise. It is bringing back good memories for me. I ate some of the hot sausage in the picture in the Epicurean event and I agree, it was only mildly hot to me.

Julie

Hi Emperor,

Really enjoying the pictures and posts of the cruise. It is bringing back good memories for me. I ate some of the hot sausage in the picture in the Epicurean event and I agree, it was only mildly hot to me.

Julie

Okay, this is what happens when you post late at night my time :eek:

I posted on the wrong thread.........my apologies.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

Okay, this is what happens when you post late at night my time :eek:

I posted on the wrong thread.........my apologies.

Julie

Happens to us all Julie, especially after a couple of Margaret River Reds/ Whites,

Cheers,

Steven 😀