Dubai Port to Burj Khalifa

Mrs.Murphy

just had a look in my notes for my Dubai cruise (NEXT WEEK!!!!) and I did a few routes on a taxi fare finder site months ago and they say 41d, £8.50.

I couldn't find anywhere that there is a free shuttle to the Dubai mall, I'll be glad if there is one! The nearest I could find was the free shuttle to city center mall which is also avery near a stop on the metro

Thanks for a rough taxi price. Will look out your a free shuttle too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used the hop on/off bus for 2 days which had a free shuttle to the Dubai Mall. Taxis are available with a surcharge from the port. If they won't use the meter, determine a price before you get into the cab. The charge is 25 dirham added from the airport or port. I believe the charge is around $16 Us to the Dubai Mall.

Enjoy your visit

Dave

We used the hop on/off bus for 2 days which had a free shuttle to the Dubai Mall. Taxis are available with a surcharge from the port. If they won't use the meter, determine a price before you get into the cab. The charge is 25 dirham added from the airport or port. I believe the charge is around $16 Us to the Dubai Mall.

Enjoy your visit

Dave

Taxis are very reasonable but do note that by law they MUST put the meter on and you can report them for not doing so - I know this for a fact as my son and his family are based in Dubai. There is a surcharge for going out of the port but not on return. Good luck with your plans.

Suzanne

Edited by suron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone else got experience of cost from port to Burj Khalifa area?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From our hotel, near port, we took the air-tram(metro) for about $2US dollars. Our hotel was on Deira Creek. It is about a 10 minute walk through terminal from our metro stop to Burj Khalifa.(make sure you have directions from the metro stop though, or if you miss the turn, it will take you 30 minutes to get there!)