Kids on MSC Divina

etay4777

I'm a single father and am interested in taking my 11 year old son on the MSC Divina this summer. We are avid Carnival cruisers. However, we are looking for something different. Can anyone give advice about onboard activities, differences between MSC and Carnival. And any other information would be great. Thanks.

I'm a single father and am interested in taking my 11 year old son on the MSC Divina this summer. We are avid Carnival cruisers. However, we are looking for something different. Can anyone give advice about onboard activities, differences between MSC and Carnival. And any other information would be great. Thanks.

Hey Single Dad,

Browse the MSC threads. I've seen very mixed reviews when it comes to children. More adult food. Children's program reviews mixed. Older clientele. Seems to cater to more upscale European style. I'm cruising in February with my daughter. But she's 34!

Might be a tough call for you.

Happy cruising.

I haven't been on an MSC cruise yet and have similar concerns.

From reading other threads, it looks like younger children will be fine with their kids clubs. 11 years old is the upper end of the age range for their Juniors club. I have read positive experiences from others on this board with that age group.

There is a "Youngs and Teens" club listed on their web site for the next age group. I haven't seen much posted on threads about that age group. I have also looked at the Dailies from past cruises and don't see much listed for them. The Dailies also show other activities as ages 18+. So, it isn't clear to me whether or not their will be organized activities that we can do as a family.

I'll be watching this thread to read others opinions on activities for older children too.

My daughters are 11 and 15 and neither one of them enjoyed the activities on board for kids

They both went the first night and would not go back after that as they did not have any fun - where as they both love the carnival ships activities

Keep in mind this is a mostly European boat so their idea of what is fun is different then ours and I can't believe the looks I got from some of the older people about my daughter who is 11 and yah she is a little on the loud side but she is just having fun as she should be

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a cruise on the Divina. My children enjoyed both the Juniors club and the Young club. On our cruise, there weren't many children that participated in the clubs. This meant that they were unable to do some of the activities that they would have done with more children participating. The lack of children participating didn't seem to bother my younger children. They really enjoyed their time in the club. My older children didn't enjoy the Young club as much. Most of their activities were held on the Sports deck and didn't really interest them. But, when they did do things in their area, I was told that it was fun. In the Young/Teen area, they have a foosball table and some video games. They also had an enclosed area with some lounge chairs, but every time I passed by that area, I only saw adults. Again, I think that was probably due to a lack of teens participating in the clubs.

I have 12 and 6 yr old daughters and they're pretty interested in the Lego activities, cooking class, and language classes. I'm hoping they enjoy the kids club. Its our first time on a cruise and my wife and I are hoping for a little time to spend together with our girls having fun with the kids activities. Id like to hear more about the kids club too. We're a pretty close family and plan on going to some of the shows together and swim as a family.

I am a single mom with a 11 yr old son. My son has cruised Disney as well as Carnival and of course he prefers DCL kids club, He says DCL allows kids to participate in the events they want. There is always so many choices for them. He says Carnival has things to do but everybody has to do the same thing. We cruise on MSC in May. I will tell you what he thinks. I am thinking about getting the XD or 4 D theater pass once aboard.

MSC is more upscale then Carnival . I know its personal but my DD loved MSC kids club more then Carnival .

• 2 weeks later...

For info, you can purchase a pass for the week which allows unlimited bowling in the sports bar, unlimited 4d movies, and the F1 simulator which has a minimum age or height requirement. It was $60 US for the week total for all occupants in the room. We sailed this past January and February. The pass was definitely worth it for my family and can be purchased at the F1 simulator desk.