Miracle gardens & global village in dubai

suron

If any of you are fortunate to have time pre/post cruise in Dubai then I can highly recommend visits to The Miracle Gardens and Global Village.

If you are a keen gardener you will be spellbound by the floral displays which are breathtaking - check this out on the website. The gardens are open from Nov 2016 to May 2017 for the season (weekdays from 09.00 to 21.00 and weekends - Frid and Sat - 09.00 to 23.00

Global Village is massive and has various countries represented with their own buildings selling local goods and there are some great bargains in several of them. Opening hours for this season (1st Nov 2016 - 8th April 2017) are 16.00 to 01.00. Again check this out on the website.

I have visited both locations and had a wonderful time. Will definitely make return visits when I next visit my son and his family who are based in Dubai.

Just thought I would post this for something different to do

Suzanne (Suron, Bristol, UK)

And dubaimiraclegarden.com for the Garden. The Butterfly Garden is nearby too.

They are part of the much delayed Dubailand project, which was going to be the largest (of course) collection of theme parks and attractions in the world, but ground to a halt in the financial crisis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which website please Suzanne?

globalvillage.ae

http://www.miraclegarden.com

Hope you can find the links OK. There are some good reviews on Trip Advisor.

I cannot agree with posts 2 and 3 as my family and I thoroughly enjoyed both attractions - guess it comes down to personal preference. Yes, Global Village has the funfair section but there is a lot more to it and it was nice to wander around all the different countries buildings and find some out of the ordinary goods to buy. Certainly a place we would re-visit but do get there early and try to avoid the Dubai weekend (Friday and Saturday) which can be very busy

The Miracle Garden has to be seen to be believed.

If you decide to visit these places I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Good luck with your plans

Suzanne

I was reading this thread and found the website: http://globalvillage.ae/en/

Looks a bit like Disneyworld to me.

I didn't think it was like Disneyworld. If you are interested in things/clothing from middle eastern countries, Indian, you will like it. There are marble items (Pakistan), lots of honey (Yemen), pashmina shawls. The Yemen area is a trip, literally rows and rows of different honey to buy and sample for free. There is also some food stalls with good food as well.