Encore - V6 Suite Photos Deck 8

need2cruisesoon

Thanks, it does look smaller but it might be the dark wood vs the lighter wood of the other ships. Sofa looks cheap, with no place to set your drink etc on either side and no coffee table. Once again, they must get rid of that nasty brown thing on the bed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The shower stall looks minuscule. Does it feel comfortable inside? Also, I didn't see a shower head nor a hand held one, but it may be attached to the inside wall not visible in the photo. I would appreciate your comments on the stall. Thanks!

Thanks, it does look smaller but it might be the dark wood vs the lighter wood of the other ships. Sofa looks cheap, with no place to set your drink etc on either side and no coffee table. Once again, they must get rid of that nasty brown thing on the bed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It looks like there is actually a small round table tucked under the table opposite the couch. One could likely pull that out to set a drink on it, if the couch is comfortable enough to sit on (I have found the Odyssey and Quest couches to be rocklike, so avoid sitting on them).

It looks like there is actually a small round table tucked under the table opposite the couch. One could likely pull that out to set a drink on it, if the couch is comfortable enough to sit on (I have found the Odyssey and Quest couches to be rocklike, so avoid sitting on them).

I think that's a small stool. On the little sisters I used to move the small stool in the living area over to the desk opposite the bed to apply makeup and the sort. It fit very nicely under the table.

Does Encore have the dressing table as on Odyssey? I loved that little nook it was all mine and I could set up my bits and bobs in the drawer.

It saved my DH from pacing as it helped speed up the beautifying time.

Convenient place as you come in to the cabin to put your key card down and pick up on the way out.

• 2 weeks later...

So far there is very little that appeals to me about Encore, and this dark and rather drab suite colour scheme does not help. The basic design is obviously almost the same as the 3 smaller ships, but the colours are far too drab and would look very gloomy on a cloudy or rainy day! With the serving drink problems in the Club, the rather peculiar idea of the Retreat, and I think the less good arrangement of the patio grill and bar, with I understand little shade in the grill area - never mind the lack of a laundry (does not bother me personally, but I can understand why many feel the need for one) - I can't help but think that Mr.Tihany has not done Seabourn any favours, with the possible exception of the TK grill area.

It makes you wonder if these trendy designers have actually sailed on a cruise ship and seen for themselves what works and what doesn't. Or maybe they take an entourage of PAs and other helpers (comped, natch) to do their laundry, serve drinks in the Club, and hold parasols over the unshaded tables in the pool grill? Either way I'm sure they don't pay $350/day to use the Retreat!

So far there is very little that appeals to me about Encore, and this dark and rather drab suite colour scheme does not help. The basic design is obviously almost the same as the 3 smaller ships, but the colours are far too drab and would look very gloomy on a cloudy or rainy day! With the serving drink problems in the Club, the rather peculiar idea of the Retreat, and I think the less good arrangement of the patio grill and bar, with I understand little shade in the grill area - never mind the lack of a laundry (does not bother me personally, but I can understand why many feel the need for one) - I can't help but think that Mr.Tihany has not done Seabourn any favours, with the possible exception of the TK grill area.

I fully agree - the wood is far too dark, it makes the suite even smaller. I have heard that some of the V category suites are smaller than others (from 23 sq. m to 28 sq. m (veranda excluded) in spite of the fact that they were originally foreseen to all be similar sized. Does anybody know something about that?

Disclaimer, my friend (and gf) are on this cruise and has been sending me pics of the ship and his cabin.

This is his 3rd Seabourn cruise and his last.

They did Viking Ocean (Star) last year and will continue sailing with that line as he feels a solid step above SB.

However he did state that they still enjoyed the ship and itinerary.

I have heard that some of the V category suites are smaller than others (from 23 sq. m to 28 sq. m (veranda excluded) in spite of the fact that they were originally foreseen to all be similar sized. Does anybody know something about that?

Yes, there are a few forward cabins on a couple of the decks (I think about 7-8 cabins all up) which are smaller. 702-707, 902-903 I believe they are impacted by stairs and have a shower only. This is why we have chosen a suite as we do not want to run the risk, even though it may be small %age of getting one.