4 Dudes/ Breakaway summer 2017/ looking for fun

Surfdog8667

Me and 3 of my buddies (between the ages of 25-35) are going on the Breakaway in July to Bermuda for a week. We're looking to relax, party and basically have a good time with other girls around the same age. Will the Breakaway around that time be fun? Thanks!

Edited by Surfdog8667

If you are looking to avoid kids, anytime school is in would be a "better" time. But you're 4 guys in a sea of over 4400 people. You won't be bored, but you're going to have to contend with a lot more families in July than, say, September.

Me and 3 of my buddies (between the ages of 25-35) are going on the Breakaway in July to Bermuda for a week. We're looking to relax, party and basically have a good time with other girls around the same age. Will the Breakaway around that time be fun? Thanks!

First of all, you should consider that females between the age of 25 and 35 might prefer to be called "women". In other words, if any of these woman are reading about your plea for a "good time", you may have already turned them off.

Second, it is unlikely that you will encounter 4 single women on any typical cruise who would wish to "have a good time with" all 4 of you.

The Breakaway (or any ship) can be fun for ANYONE during ANY time - but if you are looking for hookups, I can almost guarantee that you will be sorely disappointed.

I was just simply wondering if anyone with cruise experience noticed if that this cruise was basically just mainly families or also mixed in with groups such as ours. Nothing dirty or anything like that so please don't mislead this thread. Thank you

I was just simply wondering if anyone with cruise experience noticed if that this cruise was basically just mainly families or also mixed in with groups such as ours. Nothing dirty or anything like that so please don't mislead this thread. Thank you

Mainly families on the BA for the Bermuda run, after Labor Day its and older crowd.

I have no idea about the Breakaway Bermuda cruise, but my daughter and younger family members enjoy the singles group on the Gem. It wasn't about hooking up or any of the negative connotations made above. For them it was about meeting like minded people of their age group and they ended up makinglong term friends and had a blast.

They would stay up all night enjoying Bliss and O'Shennans, drinking, socializing and dancing. My husband joined them one night and met them all.

As with any cruise, school breaks have more families and young kids, but we typically cruise in June so my experiences would be geared towards that.

Not only families, but groups as well who tend to stick together.

Look into shorter sailings.

On both the Gem and the Breakaway you will find mostly families. My son's are in your age group and never found too many singles. IMHO the Breakaway has more for you to do and more of a nightlife. If you go to Bermuda you and your buddies should rent jet skis from Somerset Bridge Watersports and try Bermuda Fun Miniature Golf for some fun.

Just to clarify - the meet ups on the Breakaway & Gem aren't for "singles" - they are for people travelling alone. Incidentally I have never been on a cruise where people in your age group didn't all find each other and have an awesome time - even in the summer. There could be a lot of families with kids and there could also be a lot of adults travelling without kids who can only travel in summer. I went on the same cruise, the same week 3 years in a row on the Jewel out of NY and the mix of people was different each year.

Join your roll call on here to get an idea for other people travelling on your cruise but it is not hard to meet people on the Breakaway!

On our last Breakaway Bermuda cruise (last spring) there were quite a few 20- and 30-something people aboard, with the (slight) majority being women. This was especially evident at the Spice and Bliss dance parties. I think you'll all have a great time!

Join your roll call on here to get an idea for other people travelling on your cruise but it is not hard to meet people on the Breakaway!

The twenty- and thirty-something chicks these guys are hoping to hook up with aren't hanging out on a Cruise Critic roll call... just sayin'.

Just to clarify - the meet ups on the Breakaway & Gem aren't for "singles" - they are for people travelling alone. Incidentally I have never been on a cruise where people in your age group didn't all find each other and have an awesome time - even in the summer. There could be a lot of families with kids and there could also be a lot of adults travelling without kids who can only travel in summer. I went on the same cruise, the same week 3 years in a row on the Jewel out of NY and the mix of people was different each year.

Thanks!! Good advice :D

My 3 boys who are your age, Love to cruise and they have been on quite a few, they have Always met young ladies and had a good time.. (I dare not ask how much fun) :o Point is, to this day they still keep in contact with quite a few of them and I do not see why you 4 wouldn't do just the same ! Enjoy it, cruises are a blast..

The twenty- and thirty-something chicks these guys are hoping to hook up with aren't hanging out on a Cruise Critic roll call... just sayin'.

You would be surprised. ;p My last Breakaway cruise we had a really wide range of ages and the CC group was awesome. Definitely some hookups there.