In Recovery - Can I swap UBP for Internet?

cakebakr

Hi yall,

We booked on the Getaway in March, very excited to cruise. Our package from Costco came with UBP - unlimited alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks package. I am just about 45 days sober, which is really exciting, and don't really think I would drink many sodas or fruit drinks to make it worthwhile. Is it possible to trade this benefit in for internet package instead? If so, how to go about doing so - contact Costco or NCL directly?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, congratulations and good luck with your continued sobriety! As long as you're more than 90 days out from your cruise date, I think your travel agent (in this case Costco) should be able to contact NCL on your behalf and request the change to a different perk like internet.

You'll most likely need to contact costco, they are your travel agent in this case. You don't need to be 90 days out. You'll be able to switch to any perk that was available when you booked. But do it ASAP, think you do have to do it a certain number of days before the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

just for a current experience, I just switched my perk today and i sail on saturday. No problem to do it at all. I had originally picked the dining package which charged the gratuity and they are refunding my credit card for that amount. Good for you being sober 45 days, that is awesome. Keep up the good work. Lots of other things to drink on the ship.

My husband just hit 4 months of sobriety. We have the UBP and I was just thinking we'd keep it as it will allow us to have unlimited nonalcoholic beverages. But reading this makes me think about switching it out as well. Congrats on your sobriety!

Hi yall,

We booked on the Getaway in March, very excited to cruise. Our package from Costco came with UBP - unlimited alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks package. I am just about 45 days sober, which is really exciting, and don't really think I would drink many sodas or fruit drinks to make it worthwhile. Is it possible to trade this benefit in for internet package instead? If so, how to go about doing so - contact Costco or NCL directly?

Thanks in advance!

My Husband and I will be cruising in April. Congrats to you!!! He will be a little over 60 days into recovery. I too chose the UBP because we drink soda and juice. Hope all goes well!!!