Anthem 12 night - just like Quantum, but with a different spin

Froedrick

No joke, this is the first time I've heard this on any report. It's not a sit down restaurant but a take away stand? This is totally different from any that I've encountered on other ships.

I always book with a card that offers up to 4 cover charges at JR per cabin so we enjoy eating there. Since they are a la carte on Anthem, I used a different card for points, figuring we didn't need to buy by the piece. If this is the setup, I'd doubly glad I did that this time.

quantum_part4_072.jpg

1050x591

Edited by Merion_Mom

OK, that's it for part 2, I should have time tomorrow to talk about excursions and other random things (yes, Anthem has a "deck leben", just like Quantum).

Love Deck Leben. Made us laugh every time. But then when we are on vacation it doesn't take much to amuse us.

I wonder why the bumper cars were not open more? It bothers me when they have limited hours on their special events! The "exciting" areas should be open most of the time. (IMO)

I don't know if this is the reason or not, but having watched the process twice I can tell you that it takes the staff a considerable amount of time and effort to set up for the bumper cars. I was surprised by that. It isn't just a matter of driving the cars into the floor. That would be my guess as to why they don't run more frequently.

I don't know if this is the reason or not, but having watched the process twice I can tell you that it takes the staff a considerable amount of time and effort to set up for the bumper cars. I was surprised by that. It isn't just a matter of driving the cars into the floor. That would be my guess as to why they don't run more frequently.

And the battery life of the bumper car.

quantum_part4_072.jpg

1050x591

It looks fine - I remember on the Liberty is was located on Right side aft - also know as the wind tunnel - there was inside and outside - outside was almost not usable when at sea because of the wind through the area - I think it was $5 co-pay plus drinks.

First time at Johnnies was on Voyager back in 2001 an there was no copay but shakes where extra.

Allure in 2014 much larger - of course everything is larger on the Allure including the copay ($7 if I remember right)

So Ala Carte may be OK lots of times I just wanted shake and it was copay plus 4 bucks so just being able to purchase a shake with no copay is a plus:D:cool:

To be clear, the JR's on Anthem SUCKS! It is a walkup with a couple booths and a few tables as shown, the menu is HEAVILY scaled back to almost nothing. Even the shakes are scaled back to not being worth going there.

I knew much of this before our recent Anthem cruise but was still a huge disappointment when I found you couldn't even get one of the Oreo shakes anymore.

The JR's on Majesty even is FAR better than this one.

I will be taking 12 day in February out of New Jersey and was wondering when it will start to warm up (2 sea days) going and when we will get cold weather coming back (3 sea days). I am trying to keep heavy clothing to a minimum but don't want to be cold. Thanks.

I will be taking 12 day in February out of New Jersey and was wondering when it will start to warm up (2 sea days) going and when we will get cold weather coming back (3 sea days). I am trying to keep heavy clothing to a minimum but don't want to be cold. Thanks.

I went last February and it was cold almost the entire week. We had 1 nice day out of 7. You need to check the weather down south, as this winter seems to be an anomaly with El Niño. We are getting above average temps and south of us is below average.

With the 12 night itinerary, I would feel comfortable planning for 2 cold days going down and 2 cold days coming back in the middle of winter, just to be on the safe side. I haven't done the 12-night in February, but that's how I'd pack. Hopefully you won't have 2 full cold days in either direction but it's tough to predict.

We did 12 nights on Quantum last feb, and are doing 12 nights on Anthem on Jan 25th. The first day is cold... you will be indoors all the time. The outdoor areas were closed off due to ice and slippery decks. You can wear your summer stuff indoors to make you feel more like you are on vacation!

By the second day, temperatures were definitely not summery but it was warm enough to go outside in a jacket. By the third day it was nice and hot.

Last winter was especially bad though, so this time around the warmer temps might kick in a bit sooner.

• 2 weeks later...