New year on a the

sha88

Sitting in 270 asking about new year on ship. The minimum reservation amount to spend new year at 270 is $1500 per couple in balcony. Front row main area seating going for $3000! Really so crazy. Bartender says get here early and grab bar chair....

Reservation includes Dom Peri champagne.

Sorry spell check messed up anthem word in topic post

Edited by sha88

Sitting in 270 asking about new year on ship. The minimum reservation amount to spend new year at 270 is $1500 per couple in balcony. Front row main area seating going for $3000! Really so crazy. Bartender says get here early and grab bar chair....

Crazy isn't the word that comes to my mind...

Is that a joke?! :eek:

I'd maybe pay $15.00 or $30.00, but thousands...

I wish it was but it is no joke. On Oasis class ships there are charges to have seats at the Schooner Bar and Rising Tide Bar. Besides the expensive cruise charge there are also up charges for NYE privileges.

Travel goddess said the RTB was $1,500 per couple with a bottle of champagne. A company took all the spots for their guests.

Edited by A&L_Ont

That's insane! Why would someone pay that much for the privilege of "doing something on NYE" that they could do any other night on the ship for free or a much lower cost. Especially after paying the higher rates just to be on the ship. I understand crowd control and all but come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's insane! Why would someone pay that much for the privilege of "doing something on NYE" that they could do any other night on the ship for free or a much lower cost. Especially after paying the higher rates just to be on the ship. I understand crowd control and all but come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be a special show in 270 years, but still unless we can find a free bar stool, we will be on pool deck. Waiter in silk said there will be new year something going on there. Having a good time. Saw we will rock you today... Excellent!

There is NO show or activity or bar worth ANY of those upcharges. Heck, we won't even go to a local bar that charges an upcharge for new year's eve when the rest of the year the cover is $6 or so. Maybe I am just cynical in my old age but, to me, it is just another day of the year, not a big deal :cool:

When you return will you please let us know if it is a sold out crowd. I am curious if people will actually pay that, or are they going to discount it a lot when no one is buying.

We are going on the Enchantment for NYE and am getting a little worried.

When you return will you please let us know if it is a sold out crowd. I am curious if people will actually pay that, or are they going to discount it a lot when no one is buying.

We are going on the Enchantment for NYE and am getting a little worried.

Okay will do!

Just received an email about reserving tables for NYE on Majesty, including champagne, canapés, chocolate covered strawberries, etc, for $500 per table. I'm hoping there will be other less pricy areas to enjoy ourselves. On the other hand, there are D and D+ discounts on the drink packages. Too bad I am not yet a D.

Happy New Year to all.

I have taken my family on MANY New Year's Eve cruises - I was a teacher and they were in school.

I paid a FORTUNE for those cruises.

Now that I am reading the information in this thread, I am ecstatic that I am no longer doing this!!!!!

:eek:

WOW, really??

I saw you are on Anthem right now. Hope you all are

enjoying your cruise. We were on Anthem the second

week in December and really enjoyed our cruise.

The prices for a New Year's Eve cruise are pretty high,

just can't believe anyone has to pay extra to attend 270's party.

We have been on several Royal Caribbean New Year's Eve cruises and

we have never paid any extra, this most be new.

It looks like Royal is starting nickel and dime too much.

Sad to say...

Edited by Angelsea57

I forgot to mention that we are booked for next year on

Anthem for a Christmas and New Year's cruise.

This particular cruise is very pricey for next year already.

I try not to be negative, but I do not plan on spending anymore

than we have to after final payment.

Edited by Angelsea57