Does Celebrity still do the Elite coupons for drinks?

jsf

The last cruise we took they offered coupons for 3 drinks between 5PM and & 7PM, do they still do this?

J.

If there are a large group of Elites - Yes. Otherwise - No. Cutoff is somewhere around 250. Coupons always on TAs.

As stated, when there is a large amount of Elites on board, they use three coupons per day that can be used at any bar, however only good for drinks that are available when they use the lounge. Luckily we get to to to Michael's as I do not like the red wine they serve at the Captain's Club parties at all...

Coupons are being used on Eclipse right now.

However there are rumors that "coupons" will soon be loaded on keypass cards to curb widespread abuse. It seems that some passengers who have the drink package pass their coupons on to non elite (etc) friends who do not.

Not that we have ever read about any cruise critic poster who would ever use their coupons for unintended purposes. ;)

Coupons are being used on Eclipse right now.

However there are rumors that "coupons" will soon be loaded on keypass cards to curb widespread abuse. It seems that some passengers who have the drink package pass their coupons on to non elite (etc) friends who do not.

Not that we have ever read about any cruise critic poster who would ever use their coupons for unintended purposes. ;)

Actually, the reason to put the coupons on the card is to stop elites from passing on the coupons to other elites.

It's easy to control giving them to non-elites...the waiter/bartenders should ask to see the keypass when accepting a coupon. No need to change anything to do that.

It would truly be easier for everyone to not need the "stupid coupons" that I always forget. Why not ALL the coupons on the SeaPass?

gh - we agree as my post suggested 250 cabins with an Elite thus 500+ people.

RCI's been doing the coupons on the sea pass cards for Diamonds and up for at least two years now with great success... Defies logic that X is handing out paper coupons. My parents are currently on Eclipse and were very surprised to see the coupons. I guess they haven't been used on any of their previous X cruises.

It would truly be easier for everyone to not need the "stupid coupons" that I always forget. Why not ALL the coupons on the SeaPass?.

We must remember that we need an I t department not working on a website to write the code. Why use the parent's company working technology when one can extend a contract into infinity by starting at the beginning ... Make fire, reinvent the wheel, cave paintings.....

And eventually add the ability t o track passengers who show up for muster drill..