What is a 'deck angel'?

lahore

I keep reading about them and nobody has replied to tell me what it is. My curiosity needs to be dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Give us a hint. What did you read about them?

Maybe they're the people, crew or pax, that remove the stuff from the lounges people are saving forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To satisfy your curiosity:

Yes a person is a Deck Angel and they are truely wonderful! When someone, like myself, offers to organise a Meet and Greet we often get many people who want to come along. Because we also have regular get together for lunch or other activities on board it is necessary to get messages out to everyone. In 2015 I had 180 people on the world cruise roll call so I needed help. This is where our Deck Angels step in. They are the fab people also on the roll call who offer to deliver messages to other cabins! These might be reminders of perhaps an RSVP if we need definite numbers for a cruise critic lunch. I have 178 so far on the roll call for South American cruise that is about to Brisbane. It's a lot of preparation but I have 14 Deck Angels to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great. Thank you. Now I know. That's a lot of effort. I'm a keen participant in roll calls to share and swap info, but once onboard I'm basically antisocial, hence that explains why I didn't know!

Great. Thank you. Now I know. That's a lot of effort. I'm a keen participant in roll calls to share and swap info, but once onboard I'm basically antisocial, hence that explains why I didn't know!

You are welcome! We tend to do much longer cruises so it's great to organise a few extra things for others, so you can meet some likeminded people. Some of our best friends are past cruising buddies who we have met along the way, because of the longer trips, and of course we have kept in touch, even organising more cruises together.

We tend to do really long cruises too, but my job involves being surrounded by people and the centre of attention a lot of the time, which as someone who is basically an introvert I find extremely exhausting. Consequently I go on cruises and spend a lot of time on our balcony reading and don't go to many group activities. But that's the good thing about cruises, you can nearly always do exactly what you want. [emoji2]