Just another question regarding the Carribean cruise from New York

Jeffrey1950

Okay, here is another question and as time goes by there for sure will be more. Can someone tell me their experience when going to the Caribbean in November ?

Of course I expect in to be cold in New York on November 26th, But what I am wondering how long out from New York before you can feel a change in the weather, when does it get warm enough that you can go and be out on deck and not feel cold?

Hi. You will feel a change in the weather within a few hours of departing NY. It's likely to be very cold the first night, the second day and night. But by the third morning, you should be comfortable on deck - unless there is a hurricane (it is, after all, hurricane season).

Day four should be nice and toasty, and day five will be in St Thomas, so you'll definitely be warm then -and continue to be nice and warm until you sail away from the Caribbean.

Day 11: sailing back to Winter (and holiday season :))

I hope you have a really nice holiday, regardless of the weather.

Best wishes,

Salacia

I have sailed out of NY in January twice once to the Caribbean and Once through the canal to Los Angeles. The canal trip found us in a blizzard in NYC and it was cold. The next morning at sea, the weather was much warmer, not yet Caribbean warm but pleasant enough to enjoy coffee on the balcony. I would think November would be warmer still.

I remember how the weather was in December 2015 ( New Jersey). My next door neighbor was having a Barbeque and entertaining outside two weeks before Christmas and on Christmas Day when going out for dinner my Granddaughter wore a sleeveless dress, no sweater and no jacket. I am thinking positive that the weather will be nice for this trip. I remember though one of my cruise's in the past to the Caribbean with a different cruise line the first night out from New York when I stepped out on my balcony in the evening I had to come right back in it was so cold and that was in the month of October. I guess it is a case of hit or miss and one thing for sure you know good weather is only a day or so away....