Gay Alaska

Joey821

I am booked on RSVP's 2017 Alaska cruise on the HAL Eurodam. The alaskan cruise has me baffled as to what to and what to wear. How cold does it get? Anything anyone can tell me about an Alaskan Cruise, Excursions and the Eurodam herself, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I can't speak to the Eurodam, never having been on HAL, but if you're looking for "what to pack," I found this list. It's geared toward women, so just make the appropriate adjustments. I'm also considering purchasing some of the gear, like the waterproof jacket when I actually get to Seattle for embarkation.

As far as excursions go, what do you like to do?

I did one Alaskan cruise in mid August and the weather ranged from windy, cold and rainy to wild and sunny the further south we got. Weather can vary from week to week so it's very hard to predict. You should prepare for anything. Layered clothing, a medium weight jacket or wind breaker and/or sweaters, jeans, pair of Khaki pants, t-shirts and polo type shirts and maybe a pair of shorts. A good pair of walking shoes is a must. You might just hit a warm week or it could be cold & rainy. On my cruise it rained in Juneau off and on in the morning to early afternoon. Whatever the case people cruise to Alaska for the scenery, animal wildlife and unique ports of call. This is not fun in the sun lying around the pool type of cruise so plan accordingly. RSVP will have plenty of actives including their afternoon T-dances, etc. RSVP will send you a what to bring including party themes for the dances including a link to HAL shore tours offerings which are extensive from Salmon bakes to flight seeing trips over the glaciers. I did the Yukon narrow gauge railroad out of Skagway and I really enjoyed it. In many ports you can just walk into town and sight see or shop.