Adonia crew ex fathom

NSWP

G'day, Adonia is soon to return from her Fathom duties. Will she retain the same service crew, i.e. cooks, stewards from the Fathom cruises or replace them with regular P&O crew?

The passenger type on the Adonia Fathom cruises is very different to her P&O cruises, on Fathom mostly American, on P&O mostly British with the odd Antipodeans like ourselves.:( So cuisine would be an issue, not sure if the Americans travelling Fathom would have been into those excellent curries made by P&O's numerous Indian chefs and cooks. Ribs and Burgers would have been popular on Fathom !!:eek:

What say ye?:halo: (We are on Adonia for 34 nights next year, B2B, hence my interest.)

I believe they will stay as they are now as, I believe, they are still P&O staff.

We have certainly spoken to staff on ships here and have been told that, when they put in for a ship allocation after their months away on their breaks, they can apply to go to Adonia.

If you read the reviews of passengers currently travelling on her they certainly seem to imply that the staff are 'P&O' staff.

The only thing I do hope they look at is the food, as the reviews are extremely poor in regard to this currently. (We are on her in August this year.)

We were on the penultimate cruise on Adonia before she went to Fathom. We spoke to the Manager of the Ocean Grill about the forthcoming move to Fathom. He told us that the P&O crew would be going with her and that certain changed to the menus would take into account the American tastes. He assumed that these would be revised when Adonia rejoined P&O. We spoke to several crew members, most of whom were looking forward to going to a new area.

It's still P&O crew. The reviews where food hasn't been liked is Americans not liking traditional British fayre. They struggle with the cutlery and looking on the videos on Utube the Fathom style was very laid back compared to P&O.

I think a mini update will remove all signs of Fathom between June 4th and 16th and she will return to Southampton with a lot of eager Passengers waiting to see her.

We are looking forward to our first cruise on her in July.

Thanks to all for your replies to my original post. It will be interesting to read reviews of Adonia mid year when she sails again under P&O proper, black pudding, kippers, Great British Sailaway, Uncle Tom Cobley and all.knives and forks and all.:p

Happy cruising.

• 3 weeks later...

Having been on Fathom last summer, I disagree that Americans would prefer burgers and ribs. Most that I met were looking forward to an international menu, curries included. Please don't underestimate us ;). The food is adequate, not bad at all but we have had better. Perhaps it's the budget Fathom has to work with. In the end, one didn't cruise with Fathom for the shows or dining experience. We will be going on the Adonia next week for the last Dominican Republic social impact experience and once again look forward to the most interesting group of cruisers we've met on any one of our 30 cruises. Happy cruising :).

Having been on Fathom last summer, I disagree that Americans would prefer burgers and ribs. Most that I met were looking forward to an international menu, curries included. Please don't underestimate us ;). The food is adequate, not bad at all but we have had better. Perhaps it's the budget Fathom has to work with. In the end, one didn't cruise with Fathom for the shows or dining experience. We will be going on the Adonia next week for the last Dominican Republic social impact experience and once again look forward to the most interesting group of cruisers we've met on any one of our 30 cruises. Happy cruising :).

Hi Kendon

I have loved my cruises on Celebrity meeting lots of international passengers and certainly saw no more burgers and ribs than on P&O

One think I like about Celebrity's menus are more food cooked freshly for you in the buffet and more choice of salads both in the buffet and as a starter in the MDR

Of course American don't just eat burgers and ribs! And I am not sure why Americans would struggle with the cutlery, that's certainly not my experience!

We are booked on Adonia in July and we're hoping for better food than we have had on our last two P&O cruises on larger ships. We were hoping that the smaller kitchen and only one dining room might Improve the offering but I think you are right that it all comes down to budget per meal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Kendon

I have loved my cruises on Celebrity meeting lots of international passengers and certainly saw no more burgers and ribs than on P&O

One think I like about Celebrity's menus are more food cooked freshly for you in the buffet and more choice of salads both in the buffet and as a starter in the MDR

Of course American don't just eat burgers and ribs! And I am not sure why Americans would struggle with the cutlery, that's certainly not my experience!

We are booked on Adonia in July and we're hoping for better food than we have had on our last two P&O cruises on larger ships. We were hoping that the smaller kitchen and only one dining room might Improve the offering but I think you are right that it all comes down to budget per meal.

Enjoy your cruise!

The expertise of the Executive Chef and his team of chefs/cooks also has a big bearing on food quality/presentation. Will be interested to hear of your trip on Adonia in July, as am on her next year D812/813, B2B, 35 days.

Above all, Enjoy !!!!