Freedom of the Seas Mediterranean Cruise

depwife

Doing some research for our May 2017 cruise and have a couple of questions.

-Is Mediterranean new for FOTS? I can't find much information other than currently offered sailings.

-If anyone has done that itinerary, do you have a cruise compass to share? Would love to know what nights the formal nights are on and if there are any themed nights.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Doing some research for our May 2017 cruise and have a couple of questions.

-Is Mediterranean new for FOTS? I can't find much information other than currently offered sailings.

-If anyone has done that itinerary, do you have a cruise compass to share? Would love to know what nights the formal nights are on and if there are any themed nights.

Thank you in advance!!!!

She did sail around Europe for a very short time doing trials after she was finished in Turku, Finland. She did sail across the pond in May 2006 and has never been back since. You may find the same itinerary on another ship from last year, but I am pretty sure someone else will chime in on that.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Also taking FOTS in May. Below shows our dock/tender schedule.

28-May Barcelona, Spain 5:00 PM

29-May Cruising Cruising

30-May Naples (Capri), Italy 7:00 AM 6:30 PM Docked

31-May Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

01-Jun La Spezia (Florence/Pisa), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

02-Jun Villefranche (Nice), France 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Tendered

03-Jun Marseilles (Provence), France 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

04-Jun Barcelona, Spain 6:00 AM

• 1 month later...

Wife and I are doing Freedom on May 14 out of Barcelona. I think Liberty of the sea has been handling this cruise for the past couple of years and I don't believe Freedom starts until sometime in April.This will be our third time on Freedom of the Seas

Also trying to information on FOTS. Does anyone know if any of the cruise port we have to tender in?

Thanks

Ship tenders at Villefrance for Nice/Monaco.

Ship docks at La Spezia, Civitevechia (Rome)Naples, Marseille.

love sailing with RCCL

Wife and I are doing Freedom on May 14 out of Barcelona. I think Liberty of the sea has been handling this cruise for the past couple of years and I don't believe Freedom starts until sometime in April.This will be our third time on Freedom of the Seas

No last year Harmony the year before Allure.

love sailing with RCCL

• 5 weeks later...
Hi also doing this itinerary - and wondering from anyone who has been to these ports is there a beach close by to any of them. Thank you.

Villefrance has a small beach but Nice has lovely beaches a few miles away.

Civitevechia (port for Rome) has a lovely promenade and beach.

43 cruises and counting.

Villefrance has a small beach but Nice has lovely beaches a few miles away.

Civitevechia (port for Rome) has a lovely promenade and beach.

43 cruises and counting.

Thank you for your reply would ideally like a beach close to the ship that we could get off maybe and walk to for 2 or 3 hours.. I am the only one who likes the beach so they will not want to stay any longer at one so not really worth driving to one.

Thank you for your reply would ideally like a beach close to the ship that we could get off maybe and walk to for 2 or 3 hours.. I am the only one who likes the beach so they will not want to stay any longer at one so not really worth driving to one.

The shuttle takes you to Civitevechia in 5 minutes and it is about 10 ten minutes walk from the drop off to the promenade.

43 cruises and counting.

The shuttle takes you to Civitevechia in 5 minutes and it is about 10 ten minutes walk from the drop off to the promenade.

43 cruises and counting.

La Spezia the shuttle drops you off at the port gates in 2 minutes if you turn left there is a lovely promenade where you should find a nice beach and you can see the ship docked nearby.

When you are on the ship if you look from the left hand side of the ship you could confirm the beach before you get off.

43 cruises and counting.

Hi also doing this itinerary - and wondering from anyone who has been to these ports is there a beach close by to any of them. Thank you.

Regarding the beaches - my experience is that you'll get fine sand beaches in the French Riviera whereas in Italy it will they tend (not all of them) to be fine gravel beaches. Just something to keep in mind - make sure you have water shoes of some kind.

Thank you...

Regarding the beaches - my experience is that you'll get fine sand beaches in the French Riviera whereas in Italy it will they tend (not all of them) to be fine gravel beaches. Just something to keep in mind - make sure you have water shoes of some kind.