All Things Adventure of the Seas

This time, I'll be in a back of the hump JS 101328

Wow, that is kismet! I have the same cabin, just on the other side! So pictures of your cabin would be greatly appreciated so I can daydream until my time comes. Enjoy!!!

Also, how early were people able to book dining? I still have no dining options in the cruise planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A hump JS if you can please! I was on the Adventure in 2015 so any of the refurbishments would be nice to see as well.

If you are getting an internet package, I'd like to know how VOOM is as well too please and thanks.

Voom is too slow most of the time to broadcast on Periscope...

Refurbishments are awesome

Anyone know, how well the next cruise desk works on Adventure? I've had really good experience on Freedom and really bad experiences with the desk on Jewel and a couple of other ships. I've found where the desk is on deck 6. I'm hoping sometime on embarkation day I can walk by and sign up for an appointment on our first Sea day.

Anyone know, how well the next cruise desk works on Adventure?

Based on our experience, the Adventure has a good next cruise staff. There's a sign up sheet and several people available to work with you. We walked up to make an appointment and the manager talked us into an appointment on the spot. My husband said we needed to book in 6 minutes as we had reservation for dinner. We booked within that time period and even had time to pick out a cabin in the category we had in mind.

They also will place a 24 hour hold on a cabin if you're not quite sure what you want. A staff member will be in the diamond lounge at least one night to book while you're there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, that is kismet! I have the same cabin, just on the other side! So pictures of your cabin would be greatly appreciated so I can daydream until my time comes. Enjoy!!!

Also, how early were people able to book dining? I still have no dining options in the cruise planner.

I did book Chops as soon as I heard it was open.

Anyone know, how well the next cruise desk works on Adventure?

Based on our experience, the Adventure has a good next cruise staff. There's a sign up sheet and several people available to work with you. We walked up to make an appointment and the manager talked us into an appointment on the spot. My husband said we needed to book in 6 minutes as we had reservation for dinner. We booked within that time period and even had time to pick out a cabin in the category we had in mind.

They also will place a 24 hour hold on a cabin if you're not quite sure what you want. A staff member will be in the diamond lounge at least one night to book while you're there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for that post. My experience with the NCD will definitely be part of my coming too soon trip report.

I just got a new phone and didn't remember my periscope ID, so I created a new one. I normally shut my phone off as soon as we board, but I may keep it on till we are ready to leave port. I'll try to do a periscope and show the new slides and mini golf sometime Saturday afternoon. My new Periscope user ID is bluecollardiamond

I just got a new phone and didn't remember my periscope ID, so I created a new one. I normally shut my phone off as soon as we board, but I may keep it on till we are ready to leave port. I'll try to do a periscope and show the new slides and mini golf sometime Saturday afternoon. My new Periscope user ID is bluecollardiamond

Awesome! Excited for the Periscope!!

Looks like the delayed portions of the revitalization have been rescheduled. I can't believe they are cancelling cruises to do it.

Yes, we got cancelled, and while they did let us rebook with price protection on alternate dates, they would not let us choose an itinerary with Bonaire, which we were very much looking forward to.

Yes, we got cancelled, and while they did let us rebook with price protection on alternate dates, they would not let us choose an itinerary with Bonaire, which we were very much looking forward to.

I would find that very disappointing. What was their reasoning for not allowing that itinerary?

Has anyone done one of the San Juan walking tours? My husband and I are looking for a good one......hard to tell by looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor. Thanks!

We did Segways. They were easy to learn and we got further than walking and definitely it was cooler temperature wise.

I would find that very disappointing. What was their reasoning for not allowing that itinerary?

There was no reasoning, our TA said they simply refused to consider it.

They cancelled all cruises between Jan 13, 2018 and Feb 10, 2018.

The only Adventure sailings they would let us book with price protection were:

March 10, 2018

March 17, 2018

April 7, 2018

April 14, 2018

While some of these go to Aruba and Curacao, none go to Bonaire.

There is a cruise on March 3, 2018 that goes to Bonaire, but they refused to let us book that with price protection. I don't get why cruises between the end of dry dock and March 10 were not eligible.

Anyone know, how well the next cruise desk works on Adventure? I've had really good experience on Freedom and really bad experiences with the desk on Jewel and a couple of other ships. I've found where the desk is on deck 6. I'm hoping sometime on embarkation day I can walk by and sign up for an appointment on our first Sea day.

We've had good experiences with the Next Cruise desk folks on Adventure 3 times. The only bad experience I've had with any Next Cruise people was on Oasis in November. If that girl wasn't just having a bad day she needs to find a different job.

There is a cruise on March 3, 2018 that goes to Bonaire, but they refused to let us book that with price protection. I don't get why cruises between the end of dry dock and March 10 were not eligible.

We actually were on a Princess cruise a few years back that was slated to go to Aruba and Curacao. We were so looking forward to going to Curacao, but a week or so before our cruise, we got a notice of itinerary change from Curacao to Bonaire due to too many ships on port at the original destination. We were extremely disappointed with Bonaire. At the time it was really not ready for cruise traffic and not a whole lot to do, unless you planned on scuba diving which we weren't. We spent about 30 minutes off the ship because there just wasn't much to do. Of course, that was back in 2011 and I'm sure a lot has changed since then. But, I wouldn't book a cruise to go to that port.

There was no reasoning, our TA said they simply refused to consider it.

They cancelled all cruises between Jan 13, 2018 and Feb 10, 2018.

The only Adventure sailings they would let us book with price protection were:

March 10, 2018

March 17, 2018

April 7, 2018

April 14, 2018

At least this confirms when the dry dock will totally be completed.

We actually were on a Princess cruise a few years back that was slated to go to Aruba and Curacao. We were so looking forward to going to Curacao, but a week or so before our cruise, we got a notice of itinerary change from Curacao to Bonaire due to too many ships on port at the original destination. We were extremely disappointed with Bonaire. At the time it was really not ready for cruise traffic and not a whole lot to do, unless you planned on scuba diving which we weren't. We spent about 30 minutes off the ship because there just wasn't much to do. Of course, that was back in 2011 and I'm sure a lot has changed since then. But, I wouldn't book a cruise to go to that port.

Bonaire has the best snorkeling we've ever seen. However, if you are not into snorkeling or scuba, then I can see why the port would not be interesting.

I'll be thinking of you May 2nd, and lift a glass in your honor.

We've had good experiences with the Next Cruise desk folks on Adventure 3 times. The only bad experience I've had with any Next Cruise people was on Oasis in November. If that girl wasn't just having a bad day she needs to find a different job.

Thanks. I had an indifferent employ on Allure in 2013. The lady on Jewel in 2014 was just a horrible listener. Had a great one on Freedom in 2015. Didn't use them in 2016.

Bonaire has the best snorkeling we've ever seen. However, if you are not into snorkeling or scuba, then I can see why the port would not be interesting.

Well, Bob said so, so I'm feeling good about that. I'm diving in the morning and snorkel in the afternoon, I should have plenty of gopro photos.

I would like to go to Bonaire mainly because we have never been there. The closest we have been is seeing the lights in the distance one night as we sailed by on Adventure. However, I REALLY like Curacao and I would be disappointed if a planned visit there got changed to another port.

I would like to go to Bonaire mainly because we have never been there. The closest we have been is seeing the lights in the distance one night as we sailed by on Adventure. However, I REALLY like Curacao and I would be disappointed if a planned visit there got changed to another port.

I feel the same way about Curacao (and Aruba to a lesser extent). While they gave us a larger number of Jewel sailings to choose with price protection, for whatever reason Jewel does not go to any ABC islands from San Juan that season.