6:30 dinner for an 8:30 sailaway?

We are sailing on Adventure with an 8:30 sail away time. If I book dinner for 6:30 will that give us enough time to eat and still catch sail away? Also I'm assuming the muster drill would be sometime before dinner, correct?

I'm considering booking the BOGO 2 night specialty restaurant deal for $30. That price seems like a great deal so it's probably a no brainer to book it! Am I missing something that would make this not as good of a deal as it seems? I realize they get to pick the restaurants but since Adventure only has Chops, Giovanni's and Chefs Table I'm assuming it will be Chops and Giovanni's since Chefs Table is $85 by itself. I'm happy with any of those restaurants.

We are sailing on Adventure with an 8:30 sail away time. If I book dinner for 6:30 will that give us enough time to eat and still catch sail away? Also I'm assuming the muster drill would be sometime before dinner, correct?

I'm considering booking the BOGO 2 night specialty restaurant deal for $30. That price seems like a great deal so it's probably a no brainer to book it! Am I missing something that would make this not as good of a deal as it seems? I realize they get to pick the restaurants but since Adventure only has Chops, Giovanni's and Chefs Table I'm assuming it will be Chops and Giovanni's since Chefs Table is $85 by itself. I'm happy with any of those restaurants.

Muster is usually right before early dinner, and traditional early dinner is delayed by 30 minutes on the first night.

If you're sailing out of San Juan then you can expect muster drill to be about 8pm to allow time for the stragglers to embark.

Our experience on Adventure was that there were two muster drills. The main one at 5:30pm to 6pm, and another at 8pm for those who board later.

being a newbie, whats a Sail A Way ?

The initial sailaway is usually accompanied by bands playing and some sort of show on the pool deck. From San Jaun there is also a great view of the fort as you sail out.

ticker tape from the decks ?

No..not in my experience. I think you've been watching too many old movies!!!:D Streamers,(i.e.. ticker tape), confetti, etc.. not good for the environment. :D;)