Just off the Paradise

ddehaven

We just got off the Paradise on the 20th we had a great time! We took Uber from the airport cost just under $13.00 for 3 of us. We got to the port at our exact check in time 11:30 am. There were a lot of people in line but went quick they were just starting the boarding of zones and while we were in line they got all the way to zone 10 and were all done so once we got checked in we could just walk on in total from walking in it took 40 minutes to get on the boat.

Our cruise was sold out but still easy to get food etc. the only line that was super long was the Wok line everyone loves those noodles. There were a ton of kids on this cruise so you might see bad reviews because of this. We took this cruise 2 years ago at the same time and there were hardly any kids for my daughter to play with not the case this time I was trying to figure out why and it was because of Easter I guess some schools have their vacation specific to Easter where we have the same week in April every year. It was great for my 7 year old but I can understand where adults would be upset the pool and the Jacuzzis were packed with kids and the bars could fill up with kids getting sodas. So sometimes I would run down one flight to the United States bar to get my drink that bar was always super quick.

we occasionally smelled the funky smell but nothing different from other cruises and cruise lines and it would be on deck not in our room. No problem with water or toilets they did leave a note that the water would be turned off from 1:30am - 2am one day but we did not notice. Our first sea day the boat rocked a little you walked around like you had been drinking all day and it stopped around 3 this also happened the last sea day.

Crew was very nice and the boat is clean I can understand where people say its dated but we didn't care. We had an ocean view state room on Riviera deck and it was fine.

We made it to both ports went to Mr Sanchos in Cozumel which was great it was a $17 taxi ride and just did a walk around in Costa Maya.

We were the last people off the boat group 24 so we just hung out by the pool until they called us around 10:30am and probably took 30 minutes to get outside. Someone told me if you grab a porter they have there own line so you can get out faster but since we were the last group we just stood in the line. I heard a ton of people went with the first group so it took really long to hear them just call the 2nd group. We took an Uber back to the airport same price just under $13 for all 3 of us.

We got the Cheers program it works for us when you do the math. I always got a cappuccino in the morning, water bottles during the day, sometimes a powerade, milkshakes and of course the booze. You can also get Monster drinks, different kinds of coffee and virgin daiquiris. If you drink Grey Goose the US bar has the more expensive Grey Goose that drink alone cost $17 I didn't even know about it the bartender pointed it out to me.

any questions just ask

We just got off the Paradise on the 20th we had a great time! We took Uber from the airport cost just under $13.00 for 3 of us. We got to the port at our exact check in time 11:30 am. There were a lot of people in line but went quick they were just starting the boarding of zones and while we were in line they got all the way to zone 10 and were all done so once we got checked in we could just walk on in total from walking in it took 40 minutes to get on the boat.

Our cruise was sold out but still easy to get food etc. the only line that was super long was the Wok line everyone loves those noodles. There were a ton of kids on this cruise so you might see bad reviews because of this. We took this cruise 2 years ago at the same time and there were hardly any kids for my daughter to play with not the case this time I was trying to figure out why and it was because of Easter I guess some schools have their vacation specific to Easter where we have the same week in April every year. It was great for my 7 year old but I can understand where adults would be upset the pool and the Jacuzzis were packed with kids and the bars could fill up with kids getting sodas. So sometimes I would run down one flight to the United States bar to get my drink that bar was always super quick.

we occasionally smelled the funky smell but nothing different from other cruises and cruise lines and it would be on deck not in our room. No problem with water or toilets they did leave a note that the water would be turned off from 1:30am - 2am one day but we did not notice. Our first sea day the boat rocked a little you walked around like you had been drinking all day and it stopped around 3 this also happened the last sea day.

Crew was very nice and the boat is clean I can understand where people say its dated but we didn't care. We had an ocean view state room on Riviera deck and it was fine.

We made it to both ports went to Mr Sanchos in Cozumel which was great it was a $17 taxi ride and just did a walk around in Costa Maya.

We were the last people off the boat group 24 so we just hung out by the pool until they called us around 10:30am and probably took 30 minutes to get outside. Someone told me if you grab a porter they have there own line so you can get out faster but since we were the last group we just stood in the line. I heard a ton of people went with the first group so it took really long to hear them just call the 2nd group. We took an Uber back to the airport same price just under $13 for all 3 of us.

We got the Cheers program it works for us when you do the math. I always got a cappuccino in the morning, water bottles during the day, sometimes a powerade, milkshakes and of course the booze. You can also get Monster drinks, different kinds of coffee and virgin daiquiris. If you drink Grey Goose the US bar has the more expensive Grey Goose that drink alone cost $17 I didn't even know about it the bartender pointed it out to me.

any questions just ask

Do you know if the propulsion issues have been fixed with the ship yet? They have not changed our itinerary for July yet.

glad you had a good time, thanks for the review. we go in July. Do they have a movie screen somewhere or just on the tv's and do they show the good movies like the bigger ships do?

No big screen on this boat only movies on the TV's and they were not new movies

Do you know if the propulsion issues have been fixed with the ship yet? They have not changed our itinerary for July yet.

Not that I know of I think as long as it has Costa Maya on the itinerary it is not fixed but don't quote me. I did not notice anything wrong but I did notice when we went 2 years ago we woke up and were in Tampa this time we woke up and we just started getting into port at about 7:30-8 but that did not seem to hold us up getting off the boat.

So glad I was able to get you aboard after zone 10!!!

18119138_1883410778595558_3699597017328204911_n.jpg?oh=1e309c4577876e4bdecdfd6f02d7cb91&oe=597FF8EF

I remember you so funny you were doing all the zones everyone was cheering bubbles were everywhere and then zone 10 happened and you were yelling zone 10 where are you and it was crickets :D

Thanks for the review - DH and I will be sailing on her in May. Hopefully not a lot of kids since it's the week before Memorial Day weekend.

no there should not be this was just a little crazy because of Easter and the Northeast April vacations. I have been on several cruises and never saw this many kids (well I have not been on Disney that could be a different story)

I remember you so funny you were doing all the zones everyone was cheering bubbles were everywhere and then zone 10 happened and you were yelling zone 10 where are you and it was crickets :D

Boarding went pretty quickly that day, we usually get into the teen numbered zones (or higher) and I always bring the fun (and bubbles) to the boarding experience!

Paradise is schedule for dry dock next year, maybe they'll put big screen on deck then.

No movies under the stars for the Fantasy class . :( Sorry.

They have been known to show movies in the Comedy clubs on a smaller screen.