Live-ish from Liberty 4/16-4/23

Greetings Cruise Critics!

My family has boarded the Liberty of the Seas today and we will try to share some experiences from our cruise!

Anyone else on this sailing is more than welcome to join in on this thread as well!

Our itinerary is Roatan, Belize, Cozumel..

I have a 6yo daughter and 10 year old son so I will try to include the kids compasses as well.

If anyone has any questions - please post and I will try to answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$7.95 room service?

I'd also love to see dining room menus. We sail April 30

Greetings Cruise Critics!

My family has boarded the Liberty of the Seas today and we will try to share some experiences from our cruise!

Anyone else on this sailing is more than welcome to join in on this thread as well!

Our itinerary is Roatan, Belize, Cozumel..

I have a 6yo daughter and 10 year old son so I will try to include the kids compasses as well.

If anyone has any questions - please post and I will try to answer!

Pre-Boarding...

We flew in on Friday and spent 2 nights in Galveston. After much debate we stayed at Gaido's Seaside Inn and it was perfect for us. The rooms are a little run down but the staff was great and the view, location, amenities were perfect for us. The courtyard rooms without the beach view have been renovated but the rest has not been yet.

This was the view from our room there - we loved the pool and beach view and we walked to The Spot, Pleasure Pier and Shrimp n Stuff during our stay.

IMG_1492391327.671062.jpg.99b9c53b5853c44cf7e0b489d9dc25de.jpg

The pool has really great lighting so it's also fun for night swimming and the pool bar is reasonably priced (I think it was $5.50 for a Pina Colada?).

We will stay here again I'm sure. My DH didn't like that it was motel style and folks could play music and talk later at night but I wasn't bothered by it.

I have stayed at Guidos before. Not for a cruise, just a stay in Galveston. It is on the seawall. Motel style. Guidos restaurant is right next door. It works for a basic motel stay.

If you mean Gaidos, it's an excellent restaurant.

Embarkation...

After one final stop at the Dollar Tree and an ATM near by, we made it to the port around 10:45.

We had reserved parking at the Port / Lot B. It was not the close lot that I was expecting - it was actually across the main street - and we had 4 heavy bags and 4 heavy backpacks so we hopped on the shuttle. One perk is that the shuttles don't have to wait to be full and they loaded is super quickly and we headed to the terminal. At 10:55 we were at the terminal waiting for a Porter. This is about when I realized that even though I printed our SetSail paperwork, it didn't end up in my paper pile.

While I was pretty calm about this - my husband, well, let's just say - was NOT!

I tried to confirm our room numbers online but the reservations turn to inaccessible smoke this close to cruising so no luck there.

I gave the porter our room #, he tagged out bags and we were on our way.

At 11:05 we walked into security and this was the line. I think it moved pretty quickly. (Ugh - can't get this to upload here...it worked for my roll call thread but not here!?!? Seems it will only upload with the small size - can you see this?)

IMG_1492400924.652245.jpg.f998c1192543ce8f2308a049100ac776.jpg

At 11:20 we made it thru security where they had to look us up on the paper manifest and then on to the Dunce's table for me to fill out new SetSail paperwork.

In just a few minutes we were set along to check in. We did not have to go into the long line of people who had their papers and went right to the front to immediately meet someone for check in! Phew - husband starting to calm down and kids actually happy I forgot it! We were at station #22 which happens to be my sons basketball number to make it extra special! By 11:42 we had our sea pass cards (and Muster Station C22 - so we are feeling really lucky now!) and headed towards the ship!

After some photos, we dinged on board at 11:53.

Life is good! ....until it wasn't!

Once onboard we went straight to check on our First Night Done Right dinner to make sure it was for Chops. When I have her my room number (or what I thought it was!) we weren't listed!! Eek!

I then look on my sea pass card and realize that all day I have been giving out the wrong info!

We visited the promenade, are some pizza, signed the kids up for kids club and then as soon as cabins were open, we went to check out our rooms and try to find our luggage!

Luckily it all worked out pretty quickly!

PSA - please make sure that you are well hydrated prior to muster drill and if you have issues with crowds that you work with the team to select a good spot to stand in (or request a chair) if your are outside on deck. 2/3 thru our muster drill a woman fainted. The crew handled it well and she was okay but no one wants that to be them!

Same here, keep "our" ship clean for us! LOL

Following yours and another live report to help this week go faster...see you on Sunday!

Funny several cruises back I noticed I had also forgotten my entire paper work file...eek. this happened about half way to Galveston, so we phone my DD and had her meet us half way back the half way and bring it to us. Then when we finally reached check in much later than expected, the lady said "no worries we get that all the time"...ha. Don't worry so much about it anymore!

Dinner was 6pm in Chops and we all enjoyed it! Funniest thing - when we sat down, out waiter was the same one we had on our last cruise 2 years ago on Navigator!

Our food was excellent - and a fun way to start off celebrating Easter and our vacation.

They handed out chocolate Easter Eggs to set the mood!

e9fde48f2eb04e6b8cf448e2d6778271.jpg

Dinner was very good...our steaks were ordered medium and I think they did a good job of that.

723ba0b2dffcba7bad314345eb15268a.jpg

I forgot to grab a photo of our chocolate lava cake but I was very good! We enjoyed all of the deserts - I don't think I have ever had red velvet cake this moist before!

ad429564169afa9655a7204bec845557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few things...at 9:00am, there were NO treadmills or bikes available in the Gym....we ended up walking on the track for 45 minutes instead! Not a big deal but tomorrow I will make sure to bring sunglasses just in case it happens again!

We are now out on the sports court - all 3 water slides are open and its stand up surfing.

My son said the Tidal Wave slide was great - but make sure to show up with 2 people that are both 75lbs each, atleast 52" tall and a total weight of 200lbs minimum. We waited around a bit to find another rider that could join my son.

The crew running stand up at the flow rider is awesome - really doing a great job of teaching first timers!

M&M is in 25 minutes. Will be interesting to see the turn out (I think we have over 75 registered) and the ship interaction!

Would you check the R Bar to see if they still have a Red Velvet Cake martini please?

I can answer this. We just got off LOS yesterday. They definitely still have it! I went there specifically to get one. It was really good! Cost was $14. But, what I highly recommend doing is the mixology class. It was only $25 & you get to learn & make 5 different martini recipes. Plus, they fill full glasses of every drink they make during the course of the class & hand those out to everyone at the end. I had 3 full martinis sitting there to drink when it was over. It was really so much fun & absolutely worth the cost just for all the drinks you end up with. I was only sorry we waited till the last day to do it. Most of the other people in the class had also done it the day before & had enjoyed it so much they came back to do it again.

M&M was pretty quick but I think there were over 50 people there and they had a decent assortment of prizes. It was hosted by the Activity Manager only.

Heading to the slot pull shortly!