Theme nights?

tamora

Hello everyone, we are cruising around the Canaries in August on Aurora, I have just read on the cruise personaliser they have theme nights, but it never said which theme there will be, is there anyway I can find out so I can pack a fun fancy dress costume? thanks :confused:

Should be listed by cruise on the dress code page. Also does themes I think.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all.html

My calculation is that R713 has 3 Black Tie nights (one of these has a Black and White theme) plus two other themed nights, those being being a 60's/70's night and a Tropical theme night.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Don't bother with the fun fancy dress. The Black and White night is one of the formal nights so it is not fancy dress. The tropical night you might see some wearing hawian shirts and hardly anyone but the entertainment team bothers with the 60's-70's night. Theme nights are not compulsory so you will see other colours on black and white night. This is the reality I have experienced on lots of P&O cruises.

We've only been on 2 Christmas cruises so far, one a 10 night (no b&w night) and saw no one in any 'fancy dress' ever. Last year was a 24 nighter. Saw no one partake in the 60s (I wore a dress that could have fitted in if needed). The B&W had many people 'partaking' and the tropical night had some of us but not the majority by any means.

Hi the black and white night is formal as others have mentioned but I like to have a little fun, and as I make crepe paper flowers I make some as either a corsage , or to decorate a hair grip or handbag. You can do the same with silk or fresh.

I always find the tropical night well adhered to with many men in Hawaiian shirts. I always wear the most tropical looking dress I have and coincidently have quite a few and I also wear a lei, again some-thing you can make at home, and some bright floral decorations in your hair if you want to continue the theme. I even saw two ladies once in matching tropical shirts. The funniest incident was when my husband had bought his first tropical shirt when we were in the Caribbean. We noticed some people chuckling at him in the bar for pre-dinner drinks and we found out why when we went to the dining room, he had the same shirt as the waiters and took a photo with them . Our friend on the table for six next to us tapped my husband on his arm and asked for some more water as she hadn't noticed his face and thought he was one of the waiters.

Sadly I don't think the waiters wear the tropical shirts any-more.

I must admit I don't bother with the country and western evening, but my husband will wear one of this checked shirts. But if you are a country and western fan and line dance why not wear some checks and defiantly doll those jeans.

Again 60/70s nights are not really one I bother with but a few do, and if you love a bit of fun fancy dress this is one where you can go to town. On my first cruise there was a gentleman who always had to use an oxygen tank resplendent on 60/70s night as Elvis.

Just a few ideas, have fun and enjoy your cruise.

By the way the photo in the link makes me look much wider than I really am, due to cruise critics strange dimensions for jpgs but I hope it gives you an idea for tropical night.

1811884995_212(2).jpg.74e655754877769d7f905683f00dc5eb.jpg

My calculation is that R713 has 3 Black Tie nights (one of these has a Black and White theme) plus two other themed nights, those being being a 60's/70's night and a Tropical theme night.

Regards John

You're right John, we're on this cruise.

I think people who will get the most out of theme nights are those who put the effort in but also travel in big groups, extended families or just friends in larger numbers. You know then that you can interact within the group and any "outsiders" who have gone for it. A win win situation. A couple on their own, just the two of them might find it hard going unless they are extroverts or thick skinned, i.e. pachyderms.

Regards John

Regards John

Thanks John I will have a look :)

Hi the black and white night is formal as others have mentioned but I like to have a little fun, and as I make crepe paper flowers I make some as either a corsage , or to decorate a hair grip or handbag. You can do the same with silk or fresh.

I always find the tropical night well adhered to with many men in Hawaiian shirts. I always wear the most tropical looking dress I have and coincidently have quite a few and I also wear a lei, again some-thing you can make at home, and some bright floral decorations in your hair if you want to continue the theme. I even saw two ladies once in matching tropical shirts. The funniest incident was when my husband had bought his first tropical shirt when we were in the Caribbean. We noticed some people chuckling at him in the bar for pre-dinner drinks and we found out why when we went to the dining room, he had the same shirt as the waiters and took a photo with them . Our friend on the table for six next to us tapped my husband on his arm and asked for some more water as she hadn't noticed his face and thought he was one of the waiters.

Sadly I don't think the waiters wear the tropical shirts any-more.

I must admit I don't bother with the country and western evening, but my husband will wear one of this checked shirts. But if you are a country and western fan and line dance why not wear some checks and defiantly doll those jeans.

Again 60/70s nights are not really one I bother with but a few do, and if you love a bit of fun fancy dress this is one where you can go to town. On my first cruise there was a gentleman who always had to use an oxygen tank resplendent on 60/70s night as Elvis.

Just a few ideas, have fun and enjoy your cruise.

By the way the photo in the link makes me look much wider than I really am, due to cruise critics strange dimensions for jpgs but I hope it gives you an idea for tropical night.

LOL its sounds like you have loads of fun :D I was thinking about dressing up for the 60's night, I have just sorted out my wardrobe and found a fun 60's dress.