Independence of the Seas spring May 5th 2018 TA cancelled?

I am on Indy right now - The Indy spring TA in 2018 seems to be cancelled the way it was released.....nobody knows what is going to happen - a guess is they will move it and make it longer not only 10 nights without any significant ports ...

Next cruise office said that TA was not selling good at all - they think they might move it and make it longer with Caribbean ports....

It will be interesting to see how they will protect the passengers already booked on it!

Does anybody have more info on the topic?

I was wondering what is going on with this cruise, I am booked on this TA now (5/5/18). I went to check out the prices again and it now shows as sold out. The day before there were tons of rooms available . I am not sure what the deal is, no word from Royal, and my reservation still shows as we are confirmed. If anyone knows anything please post.

Slight new twist... every web site I go to shows this cruise sold out. Except one, the one I booked with, they show lots of interior and balcony rooms, no suites, or ocean view rooms. I have book through this web site site about 7 or 8 times and have never had a problem with them. I can not call the agent today because they are closed on Sundays. but I'll certainly call tomorrow.

As far as the itinerary goes, I'm fine with all the sea days, and only the one port. Its the length of the cruise (10 days) that I like. Most TA cruises are 14 or more days, and that is hard on the vacation time. 10 days plus a couple of days in London, and a couple of days in Paris (that is the plan at this juncture). will equate to 14 days or so vacation. A 14 days plus a few days in Europe would bring the vacation time to close to 3 weeks, and I can not do that much time off work. Its the 10 day TA that sold me. A transatlantic cruise is on the bucket list, and this one fit the bill.

Strange they can say it's "Not Selling Well"

It's only been on sale a couple of weeks and is over a year away!

They expect to sell X cabins per day/week/month this cruise had been released for weeks and did not sell the projected and calculated amount of cabins in any way - the pricing got as low as $48 + tax per day - they seem to not want to go any lower to meet their sale target for the cruise....

That is what was explained to me....

Emailed my travel agent, the reply was "there is currently a lot of group space being held, but beyond that they could not tell me anything more, except that there are currently no notices attached to this cruise having to do with it possibly being cancelled or whatnot" she saiid they usually let them know, so no news is good news. So at this point everything still seems to be a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No it is not a go - next cruise on Indy confirmed again - this cruise is being re-deployed.....all sales stopped - it is not going to happen the way it was released....

I would not trust your TA more than an RCI sales manager ON the Indy....

TA's are the last to be informed once it changed.....

What you say might be true, might not be true You must have inside information, that is not being released to the public. If Royal is canceling/ re-deploying why the big secret? Why not let the booked passengers have as much time as possible to rebook something else if the supposed new itinerary does not work for us?

What you say might be true, might not be true You must have inside information, that is not being released to the public. If Royal is canceling/ re-deploying why the big secret? Why not let the booked passengers have as much time as possible to rebook something else if the supposed new itinerary does not work for us?

I suspect it takes quite a bit of time to make all the itinerary changes. They freeze bookings when they are fairly certain there's going to be a change, but don't announce anything until all their ducks are in a row.

RCI is known for NOT saying anything until the last minute - usually the information is out here and on the net WEEKS before the official announcement is made.....

My own experience was with a charter that was on the net and sold for 10 weeks - until RCI finally came forward to say the cruise is not sold out but cancelled!

During that time most TA's and some RCI agents would claim it is just sold out....not to worry and to get rid of you on the phone...:rolleyes:

So it took RCI 10 weeks to inform the passengers after it was clear they were not going to sail the ship at that time....

Right now it's all speculation;

Could be a charter

Could be just a temp hold on sales

Could be a change of itinerary

Could be a change of dry dock dates/maintenance change

Could be a complete redeployment (not returning to Southampton at all)

Could be a complete redeployment (permanent move to Southampton)

Could be anything....

RCI is known for NOT saying anything until the last minute - usually the information is out here and on the net WEEKS before the official announcement is made.....

My own experience was with a charter that was on the net and sold for 10 weeks - until RCI finally came forward to say the cruise is not sold out but cancelled!

During that time most TA's and some RCI agents would claim it is just sold out....not to worry and to get rid of you on the phone...:rolleyes:

So it took RCI 10 weeks to inform the passengers after it was clear they were not going to sail the ship at that time....

We were allowed to book on board Liberty last march a cruise on Jewel for next March that had been chartered twice in the last 6 months. Next cruise consultant even called Miami to make sure the cabins we wanted were available. It took Royal 4 weeks to tell us we had to change.

We were allowed to book on board Liberty last march a cruise on Jewel for next March that had been chartered twice in the last 6 months. Next cruise consultant even called Miami to make sure the cabins we wanted were available. It took Royal 4 weeks to tell us we had to change.

Going to book back up cruise while onboard next week.. prices are going up up up on spring transatlantics since I checked last.. I checked when I booked lol [emoji23]

Right now it's all speculation;

Could be a charter

Could be just a temp hold on sales

Could be a change of itinerary

Could be a change of dry dock dates/maintenance change

Could be a complete redeployment (not returning to Southampton at all)

Could be a complete redeployment (permanent move to Southampton)

Could be anything....

Correct!

But you are missing the point!:rolleyes:

People should be VERY careful in making any further plans and commtments ( RCI will not pay for missed flights etc.) or counting on this cruise as it was sold to be....as we are all pretty certain...something is going to happen sooner or later to the original plans!

Senior sources on board have stated that Independence is being deployed permanently in Southampton

Permanently as in not just the summer season but winter too? That would mean an awful lot more unhappy people currently booking winter 2018/2019 Caribbean cruises on her?

Unless they think this is happening from the 2019 season onwards?

We're on Indy tomorrow, shall have to ask around as we quite liked cruising on her from Southampton year round