Adventure heading to dry dock in January 2018?

I just saw a report on FB of someone being told by Royal that their Adventure cruise in January 2018 has been cancelled due to a dry dock. I went and checked on the website and Adventure is showing sold out between January 13th and February 10th.

EDIT: I just saw a screenshot of the email from Royal. The additions include Izumi, new cabins, and a Suite Lounge. I would also assume updates to existing cabins.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Received the email this morning. Now awaiting the call from RCCL to get rebooked. Very disappointing that our Valentines Day cruise is gone. No real option to go to another line as we have our plane tickets purchased and we would lose a lot of money by cancelling without reimbursement from RCCL. Hopefully everyone gets a reasonable alternative.

Received the email this morning. Now awaiting the call from RCCL to get rebooked. Very disappointing that our Valentines Day cruise is gone. No real option to go to another line as we have our plane tickets purchased and we would lose a lot of money by cancelling without reimbursement from RCCL. Hopefully everyone gets a reasonable alternative.

I'm on the phone right now about the Feb10 '18 cruise- right now, it looks as if it's been shortened to 5 nights, starting on Feb 12. So still Valentine's day.

(the Jewel on Feb 11 isn't available, as it's contracted out- so it's good we didn't keep that cruise.)

Yep, our January B2B just got cancelled and of course, I pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago on a good priced non refundable flight :mad::mad:

I know you were on our roll calls. Sorry you bought the airfare:(. We'd been looking and thankfully hadn't pulled the trigger on it yet. Just got off the phone with the "redployment" line. Booked B2B on Jewel to replace what was cancelled. We were looking forward to the Aruba/Curacao stops but at least we got another B2B from SJU. The 400.00/week OBC will come in handy at least.

If you're still thinking of going out of SJU (on Jewel), I wouldn't wait for their call - call the number in the email. No telling how many cabins will remain open on Jewel now............:mad:

I know you were on our roll calls. Sorry you bought the airfare:(. We'd been looking and thankfully hadn't pulled the trigger on it yet. Just got off the phone with the "redployment" line. Booked B2B on Jewel to replace what was cancelled. We were looking forward to the Aruba/Curacao stops but at least we got another B2B from SJU. The 400.00/week OBC will come in handy at least.

I need to discuss with my husband but I think that's what we will end up doing as well. But the airfare looks like it's about $100 more a person. We got married on Serenade in 2009 so it might be nice to be back on another ship like her. But we will definitely miss the Royal Promenade :( I agree with you about Aruba and Curacao. We visited them for the first time this past January and they were amaaaaazing! But we have Freedom booked for 2019 (think the same B2B you do) so we will have to wait to go back until then I suppose!

Is the OBC 200/person per week? I was thinking it was only going to be 200/week.

I need to discuss with my husband but I think that's what we will end up doing as well. But the airfare looks like it's about $100 more a person. We got married on Serenade in 2009 so it might be nice to be back on another ship like her. But we will definitely miss the Royal Promenade :( I agree with you about Aruba and Curacao. We visited them for the first time this past January and they were amaaaaazing! But we have Freedom booked for 2019 (think the same B2B you do) so we will have to wait to go back until then I suppose!

Is the OBC 200/person per week? I was thinking it was only going to be 200/week.

The email I saw said $200 per stateroom for standard staterooms, and $400 for suites. Of course, in typical RC fashion, they are not explicit that suites include JS in this case. Also, I'm not sure the OBC is given in addition to the price protection, that part is fuzzy too.

The email I saw said $200 per stateroom for standard staterooms, and $400 for suites. Of course, in typical RC fashion, they are not explicit that suites include JS in this case. Also, I'm not sure the OBC is given in addition to the price protection, that part is fuzzy too.

This is what my email says:

o Price protection is limited to the cruise fare. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates on your chosen sailing.

· You may also book any other Royal Caribbean sailing at prevailing rates.

· When you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing you will receive $200 to spend onboard for a standard stateroom or $400 to spend onboard for suites.

Also Bob, do you have any advice for balcony rooms on Jewel? Anything weird like deck 6 balconies on Adventure?

This is what my email says:

o Price protection is limited to the cruise fare. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates on your chosen sailing.

· You may also book any other Royal Caribbean sailing at prevailing rates.

· When you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing you will receive $200 to spend onboard for a standard stateroom or $400 to spend onboard for suites.

Also Bob, do you have any advice for balcony rooms on Jewel? Anything weird like deck 6 balconies on Adventure?

The balcony walls are all glass on Jewel, so nothing like the metal walls on Adventure.

However, some lower balconies are over a lifeboat canopy, so you cannot look straight down to the water from those.

YIKES! We're on Adventure on February 17th! Just missed this issue! I feel for those who are impacted! I hope the dry dock finishes on schedule!

I'm literally crying because we booked the same as you while on a cruise in January. If we'd have left well enough alone we'd be ok.

This seems a very cruel trick to play. Not happy at all with the compensation.

I got off the phone half an hour ago. Switched to Jan 28/Feb 4 on Jewel. They honored the Adventure price and gave us 400/week OBC (we're in a Junior Suite). Invoices are printed and all that is confirmed in them.

I'm on the phone right now about the Feb10 '18 cruise- right now, it looks as if it's been shortened to 5 nights, starting on Feb 12. So still Valentine's day.

(the Jewel on Feb 11 isn't available, as it's contracted out- so it's good we didn't keep that cruise.)

please advise as to the altered itinerary. Even though that's one of the acceptable dates I couldn't find a cruise offered that day.

is the $200 per person and not per cabin then?

we received 400 per week (in a Junior Suite). The email said "200 for standard cabins, 400 for suites". Our new invoices show 200pp each week. So I assume in a standard room it will be 100pp.

I got off the phone half an hour ago. Switched to Jan 28/Feb 4 on Jewel. They honored the Adventure price and gave us 400/week OBC (we're in a Junior Suite). Invoices are printed and all that is confirmed in them.

Thanks!

The OBC is per stateroom.

please advise as to the altered itinerary. Even though that's one of the acceptable dates I couldn't find a cruise offered that day.

As soon as I find out, I will.

I had to go to a meeting, and could not stay on hold.