Question - P&O and Princess "Captains Circle"

Guest Daimen

Guest Daimen

Hi all, hope your well,

Just a small question - we went on our first cruise last year with Princess onboard the Sea Princess, and of course gained the 'Gold' captains cirlce membership card on disembarkation.

This July we're trying something new for a change and going aboard the Ventura from P&O.

I believe the levels are different on P&O (i.e. Princess is Gold, P&O is Ruby? - I could be wrong!).

Will be still recieved the Gold (Or Ruby), benefits while on this years cruise?

Thanks,

Happy new year, by the way!

Daimen and family

Happy New Year to you Daimen.

In answer to your question, as this will be your first cruise with P & O you wont receive your Portunas membership till after that cruise. So I'm afraid the Princess Captains Circle membership wont count this time. It will however, count on all P & O and Princess cruises in the future.

Jimmy

lobbylouuk, just watch out for your cruise costs.We did a cruise with P&O which was heavily discounted by the TA.When we received our points tally for the Portunus club, the requisite points were missing.P&O said as we had paid "a low" price for the cruise these "points "were disqualified form the total. Having cruised with P&O and Princess all our "points" mean we are Platinum with Princess and as we going to Manaus in April we hope to receive some benefits.

I have to add, if you ever need to speak to Lyn on the Portunus club telephone number, you'll love her! First class customer service.

• 4 weeks later...
Jimmy is right...this is what happened to me!

Following your cruise P&O will send you out your Ruby card and statement and the Princess points will be added automaticly.

Lou

It is good news that P&O accepts Princess trips. The rest of the Carnival empire does not. I'm a member in Cunard, Princess, Carnival and Holland America (all owned by Carnival, Inc.) and none has given me credit for travel on their sister lines. If they did, I'd be platinum on them all. But since they don't, I haven'y reached platinum an any of them.

You are correct Bob. I queried my points which I had gained from Cunard with Princess and the answer was " Cunard wont talk to us" So although they are all owned by Carnival, seems that old adversaries, as it were, wont bury the hatchet. Things may change (tongue in cheek) when the new Carnival headquarters are completed at Southampton and they are all under the same roof.

Jimmy

It is good news that P&O accepts Princess trips. The rest of the Carnival empire does not. I'm a member in Cunard, Princess, Carnival and Holland America (all owned by Carnival, Inc.) and none has given me credit for travel on their sister lines. If they did, I'd be platinum on them all. But since they don't, I haven'y reached platinum an any of them.

Not to worry bob! at least you are trying them all out......this is something i'm keen to do too so i will never get the benefits either.!

Lou

Archived