Cabanas: Amber Cove, HMC, or Grand Turk?

Pinache

Hi!

My family of 5 adults is looking at getting a cabana one day. Which port is the best value - location, money, amenities? Is it possible to go to the ship for lunch at any of these ports? Are there free options for chairs/shade at any of these?

HMC is a tender port, so you would waste time going back to the ship for lunch. I know Carnival brings lunch on the island (burgers, dogs, etc) and it is included in your cruise price; not sure about HAL. Their cabanas have lounge chairs out front, and I think they may include the mat floats (not sure about that).

Amber Cove and GT have piers, and you can go back on the ship for lunch if you want.

Of the three places you've mentioned, only HMC has cabanas on the beach. The ones at Grand Turk are poolside. There is no beach at Amber Cove, but there is a very large pool for swimming. Which is the best value is probably subjective. We're beach lovers, so renting a cabana at HMC was a great value for us. Renting a cabana by the pool at Grand Turk has no appeal to me. We've been to Amber Cove. It was okay. Renting a cabana there would be, to me, a huge waste of money. I'm not in any big hurry to go back to Amber Cove. These are strictly my opinions. I'm sure someone else will have different opinions.

Of the three places you've mentioned, only HMC has cabanas on the beach. The ones at Grand Turk are poolside. There is no beach at Amber Cove, but there is a very large pool for swimming. Which is the best value is probably subjective. We're beach lovers, so renting a cabana at HMC was a great value for us. Renting a cabana by the pool at Grand Turk has no appeal to me. We've been to Amber Cove. It was okay. Renting a cabana there would be, to me, a huge waste of money. I'm not in any big hurry to go back to Amber Cove. These are strictly my opinions. I'm sure someone else will have different opinions.

Grand Turk has cabaanas that I find of no interest. there is nothing tempting about them, IMO. YThere aare so many loungers, I cannot imagine anyone will be unable to get one. No need for a cabana.