GoPro

I haven't seen them being for rent. I bought a cheap action camera off of Amazon that does a pretty good job for alot less money. Camera and accessories was $75. I know i would cry if i bought a gopro and something happened to it, versus a $75 camera.

There are several websites that rent GoPro's if you will Google it. It's a bit pricy in my opinion, but still much cheaper than buying one and it makes more sense to just rent if you'll never use it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You can also get a "action" camera on wish.com. I bought one for $20. Used it for some sail away and also snorkeling. Some settings don't seem to stay ( date) but on the whole it worked for what I bought it for. First time snorkeling and wanted something inexpensive to try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I won my gopro on our last cruise on the GOS in the arcade. The game was Winners Cube and won it on my second try. I have always wanted one so it was very satisfying. The down side, is that I have yet to put together a video from my cruise with the videos and pictures taken by the gopro.

Leo

I've never seen the, rent them onboard, but I got my wife a Hero 4 Silver bundle with extra batteries (technically the previous years model) for $199 on Black Friday at Sams Club. Early Christmas present and she loved using it on our December cruise. She hasn't used it a ton since then but since we cruise at least once a year, we found it to be a really good deal.

Also got the floating hand grip which worked great for both filming around the ship and really well while snorkeling.

I bought this off Amazon for $80, seems to work good

AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports Action Camera Ultra HD Waterproof DV Camcorder 12MP 170 Degree Wide Angle

I bought that exact one to use on a quick trip after I lost my GoPro Black (ugh). The Akaso worked, but it doesn't even come close to living up to all of the claims by the manufacturer. Many of those reviews on Amazon of that particular camera are fake. A little use of Google will show pretty poor reviews of that camera outside of Amazon and that it doesn't live up to all of the promises. It works, but it certainly isn't 4K, has quite a few technical issues and the battery life is rather poor.

I returned it.

Caveat emptor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is the camera that i bought from Amazon. I try to take the reviews on Amazon with a grain of salt. I went on Youtube and found actual videos shot by the camera, this way I knew what i was getting. So far the camera has done exactly what I have needed it to do. I clamped it to the fence at my sons baseball game and i get the whole field. My boss climbed a 200 ft tower with it strapped to his head and got great video with it.

APEMAN Action Camera, 12 MP Full HD 1080P Waterproof Sport Cam with 170 Wide-Angle Lens and Rechargeable Battery, Include Portable Package

I knew someone that rented one and used it pretty much exclusively for the trip. Sadly, she didn't spend enough time or have the experience/expertise to choose the correct settings. Got NOTHING off the GoPro to my knowledge. I did buy my husband one for Christmas last year and it works well but don't rely on it alone if you haven't had a chance to practice with one. I don't think they're as point-n-shoot as people hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk