Cost of Soda Package

For a seven night cruise an adult soda package comes to $50 plus change with tax included. It is for unlimited soda but not bottled water. Keep in mind tap water on the ship is just as good if not better then bottled water.

$6.25 a day plus 15% gratuity must be purchased for the whole cruise-first day includes a tall beverage bottle, dont have to use that to get soda tho.

doesnt include bottled water, but feel free to bring your own or drink the ships--which is just fine.

this really is a GOOD purchase if you drink alot of soda-more than 3 glasses a day--usually always get this plus bring some of my own on--drink to much soda!

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

Is the soda card, if purchased, transferable? Could my wife and I buy one card between us and split it?

Each person is expected to purchase their own but some people do successfully have one card (actually a sticker on your cabin key) for two people.

You can bring your own soda on the cruise. I plan to bring a 24 pack or two and have my room steward clean out the mini fridge of all the paid items. $100 a week for two people for soda is crazy especially when you can buy 5x 12 packs at my local grocery store for $12.

You can bring your own soda on the cruise. I plan to bring a 24 pack or two and have my room steward clean out the mini fridge of all the paid items. $100 a week for two people for soda is crazy especially when you can buy 5x 12 packs at my local grocery store for $12.

Sticker shock is a terrible thing, but just over $7 a day for unlimited soda is not a bad deal at all (if you drink a lot of soda). Yes, you can save money by bringing your own but it does pose it's own hassle (you not only have to carry it onboard but you have to a) go back to your cabin every time you want a soda or b) carry a bag of soda around with you).

Sticker shock is a terrible thing, but just over $7 a day for unlimited soda is not a bad deal at all (if you drink a lot of soda). Yes, you can save money by bringing your own but it does pose it's own hassle (you not only have to carry it onboard but you have to a) go back to your cabin every time you want a soda or b) carry a bag of soda around with you).

Have you ever tried to get a Soda on a NCL ship? If it's after 10:00p good luck, your going on a hike or your paying room service. Also I was less than impressed with the willingness of bartenders to give you a soda or getting a refill in one of the resturaunts.

If the soda was easily accessible then this would be worth it for convenience.

Also you can bring your 24/12 packs to the pier and slap a luggage tag on them. You only have to lug the soda to the pier and from there it's all taken care of.

Have you ever tried to get a Soda on a NCL ship? If it's after 10:00p good luck, your going on a hike or your paying room service. Also I was less than impressed with the willingness of bartenders to give you a soda or getting a refill in one of the resturaunts.

If the soda was easily accessible then this would be worth it for convenience.

Also you can bring your 24/12 packs to the pier and slap a luggage tag on them. You only have to lug the soda to the pier and from there it's all taken care of.

R U saying waiters are relutant to serve Soda to prepaid customers since they could be getting more commision from alcolol users?

I did not find this to be the case when we were on the Epic last year. Everyone was more than willing to give us soda any time we ask. Even when sitting around the pool and the waiters were coming around asking if we wanted any drinks, we showed our soda card and they brought back drinks. Then even knowing that we were only drinking soda, they would still come back around to see if we needed refills.

During shows, they would come around and give us soda (while they went up and down the isles).

Any place we went to had no problem with it and they all served with a smile. I think they were the most friendliest bunch of staff members I've ever came across. :)

I guess we'll see if we have the same experience this year on the Spirit.

I did not find this to be the case when we were on the Epic last year. Everyone was more than willing to give us soda any time we ask. Even when sitting around the pool and the waiters were coming around asking if we wanted any drinks, we showed our soda card and they brought back drinks. Then even knowing that we were only drinking soda, they would still come back around to see if we needed refills.

During shows, they would come around and give us soda (while they went up and down the isles).

Any place we went to had no problem with it and they all served with a smile. I think they were the most friendliest bunch of staff members I've ever came across. :)

I guess we'll see if we have the same experience this year on the Spirit.

Maybe it was the Epic, but if I had gotten this last year on the Jewel I would have loved the soda package. In spinnakers I waited a minimum of a few minutes for a soda, even with the bartender standing right in front of me. They would hands down make any alcoholic beverage first. I asume it was because of the gratuity. One night at topsiders I waited 10 minutes for the bartender to even acknowledge my exiustance after he saw I was toting one of those orange NCL mugs they give you with the soda package.

Maybe I would have gotten better service if I had not used the mug and went up to the bar like I was going to buy an alcoholic drink and then whipped out my room key with the soda pass lol.

Maybe I would have gotten better service if I had not used the mug and went up to the bar like I was going to buy an alcoholic drink and then whipped out my room key with the soda pass lol.

That could be. We didn't like hauling around a mug with us everywhere we went, so we hardly used it. We was always out and about, so it was never with us. So much easier to just go up and ask for one and throw the cup away when done. :)

I bought the soda card on Jewel last year because I saw cans of diet sierra mist on a display. It was VERY hard to come by. The bars only had it in a two liter bottle (only 2 bars had it). I finally said "can you just give me the bottle?" Bartender said she'd get fired. I said "$50 for a 2 liter bottle isn't enough profit for NCL?" SO--- I drank Diet Pepsi in the mornings and water in the afternoon. No issue at all getting that at any time. Just a heads up though.

Kathy

ok first time crusier here so go easy - I just booked a cruise through Expedia and my room came with a soda package. We are going March 26th 2012 from Miami on the Sky - Wish me luck!!!!

The Sky is a good ship to be a first time cruiser on, just long enough to get you hooked but short enough that if you hate it, well, it's over soon. My flickr link in my signature has pics of the Sky. Have a great time and don't forget to tell us about it when you return.

i have purchased the Soda Card several times and really have not had a problem getting one...maybe sometimes in the evening during the show; but getting a DRINK at that time can be hard sometimes too.

i was always SERVED pretty promptly and with a SMILE...never mattered whether i had a sticker on my card or not!

so i would have to say i have had GOOD service when i have had the Soda Card.

on the Sun last year they would put it in a BEER MUG for me-on the STAR in February too.

Don't know about others but the three times I had the soda card I had the same problem as EvilCamaroSS. Even if you were sitting right in front of the bartender, if they saw your sticker you were lucky to get waited on. I once even complained to the bar manager. It didn't do any good, he just offered me a free drink. So needless to say, I don't buy the soda package anymore. I bring Crystal Light from home, buy water at the first stop and go from there. BTW, I do refill my bottles from the ship water supply, it's perfectly good.

You dont even need the soda card! I brought one case each for my daughter and myself and carried the cans. We just went back to the room as needed, or carried a small bag with one or two should we know we will be gone awhile. Noone said a word. You have tape the heck out of the box and put your room tags on it, but we used our own all week, and had some left over! We even brought them to the dining room and there was no questions. Good luck! ;)

Hello, Can anybody refresh my memory and tell me the cost of the soda package for an adult and does it include bottled water also? Thanks so much.

We've been looking for you over at the Roll Call board!! Come back, please!!:)

Archived