Magnet hooks or Command Strip hooks?

takecare

What do you need either for?

For Alaska cruises, you can use magnets to post a national park map on the wall of your balcony cabin.

ย 

I have heard about folks hanging robes that way; daily activities schedules; etc.

Magnets. I use the hooks for bathrobes, damp but not dripping bathing suits, coverups that are still wet, etc. I also use non-hook magnets for invitations to events I want to attend, excursion tickets, dining tickets, etc.

ย 

Why play around with adhesives that may or may not work or may not come off cleanly? The ships are metal - magnets are easy and safe.

I don't want to risk damaging the cabin walls, no matter how small the risk, so we use magnetic hooks. As a PP noted, they're perfect for hanging clothing items that you want close at hand, for wet items like bathing suits, and also for putting up a clothes line if you do a bit of laundry in your sink. Or just use them like fridge magnets - to put up whatever paper articles you want/need to keep an eye on.

I take both and they have come in handy, depending on the cruise and take up very little space. The magnets, even the strong ones, tend to slide down the wall if something heavy (even a robe) is hung on it. I use the magnets mainly for paperwork. The command hooks work great inside closet doors for dirty clothes bags, pool bags, etc. The magnets and command hooks, along with other travel related items are kept together and are used repeatedly.

With some very powerful hooks like these I got on amazon (link at bottom) you can hang shoe organizers , sheets as room dividers or anything. Just bring your office supply binder hooks and you don't have to poke holes in anything.

ย 

Zuber 40LB Magnetic Hooks -

Powerful Heavy Duty Neodymium Magnet - 4 Hook Set - Great For Your Refrigerator and Other Magnetic Surfaces - Will Not Scratch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0NCZ88/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Nna2ybVDT6GHB

ย 

Binder clips

ACCO Binder Clips, Large, 12 Per Box (72100) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VD6BLG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Rqa2ybSKAFXKP

ย 

ย 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely use magnetic hooks. Command-type hooks seem to always injure walls for me.

ย 

But, in 30+ cruises I've never used or needed extra hooks for two people in a cabin. Maybe with four or more it would help.

There will be four of us (ladies) and I thought it would be nice to hang a few things...like sweater, damp swim suit...etc... there are usually only two hooks. Thanks for the input ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š