---> !!ANTHEM OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [June 02, 2016]

*Must wear formal attire (typically a dress for a women, sports coat for men). Last night you will not need to dress up on for this itinerary.

I've read elsewhere that the dress code is also relaxed for the first night at The Grande. Did you find that to be the case?

Thanks again for taking the time to write-up your review. Enjoyable read.

Perfect. Pack your bags for Allure, August 28th. :D

I have a Canon Rebel, that I just never use anymore. I just can't be bothered to drag it around. My iPhone 6S is better than the last small digital camera that I bought years ago, so for me it is the iPhone. The pics are good, but when you see better ones like yours, it really makes you appreciate the difference.

Edit: DW says I can have no official photographer. Sorry Mike. :p:D

Thanks again for such a wonderful review and pictures. As I was reading, I made notes to myself! I've been sort of "meh" about this cruise only because we'll have to fly (living in FL we typically can drive to port) which makes packing a bit more of a challenge.

However, having read this (and seeing all of the great pictures) I'm pumped up now!!!!!

Guest maddycat
I've read elsewhere that the dress code is also relaxed for the first night at The Grande. Did you find that to be the case?

Yes, you can wear casual dress in the Grande on both the first and last night. The thinking is that on the first night your luggage might not have arrived before dinner. On the last night you might pack your luggage for disembarkation before dinner.

DH has a question. Is there are cigar lounge on board Anthem?

Probably not. There was not one on the Quantum. The smoking areas are by one side of the pull and on the Promenade Deck Starboard side Aft. That one is like a glorified bus stop, with glass walls and seating.

Awesome review! I'm so looking forward to my first cruise- the Anthem this Christmas.

Thank you! I would love to do a cruise during Christmas!

Yes, first and last nights! ;] Thank you!

Perfect. Pack your bags for Allure, August 28th. :D

I have a Canon Rebel, that I just never use anymore. I just can't be bothered to drag it around. My iPhone 6S is better than the last small digital camera that I bought years ago, so for me it is the iPhone. The pics are good, but when you see better ones like yours, it really makes you appreciate the difference.

Edit: DW says I can have no official photographer. Sorry Mike. :p:D

Ahh man! I used my iPhone occasionally for some pictures too. It is annoying to drag the camera around. Might look into a smaller camera that can fit in my pocket! P.S. I was looking at your signature and am super jealous of the amount of times you've been on Oasis class! No fair!

Thanks Mike!!!! Enjoyed the review, great pics and youtube vid.

Are you still swimming? I was never a swimmer but my kids are. Great sport!

Thanks so much! I am still swimming and I noticed you live in State College in the bar with your screen name! I go to Penn State and swim on the club team now. I am over swimming controlling my life with varsity teams! Do they swim in McCoy Nat? It is such a great sport!

Thank you so much for your review. Can't wait to experience her. You did a great job and loved your video '

Thanks a lot! You will love her!

Thanks for an great review, and awesome pictures. Sailing on Anthem in November, and now I cannot wait to sail. Will be coming back to your pics often in the next 4 months to get my Anthem fix.

Thank you! I feel like November would be a fantastic time to sail on Anthem!

What do you recommend for excursion for Labadee?

Definitely the zip line. If you wanted to do more than that, I heard the jet ski's were a lot of fun! If you wanted to relax, the cabana's might be worth it if you have a lot of money for excursions!

Thanks again for such a wonderful review and pictures. As I was reading, I made notes to myself! I've been sort of "meh" about this cruise only because we'll have to fly (living in FL we typically can drive to port) which makes packing a bit more of a challenge.

However, having read this (and seeing all of the great pictures) I'm pumped up now!!!!!

Thank you! I knew someone who lives in San Juan and flew to NY to go on this cruise that stopped at San Juan lol! You will have a terrific time! Unfortunately there is no cigar lounge. However, there are designated smoking areas on the pool deck and starboard side promenade deck where the lifeboats are (Deck 5).

How I missed this entire thread until now, I don't know! Mike, what a wonderful review! I want to book an Anthem cruise now!

Thanks so much :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much, glad you found it! I am envious of the amount of times you've been on Allure and that you'll be on Harmony soon! Enjoy!

Edited by swim13

Thank you! I would love to do a cruise during Christmas!

Thanks so much, glad you found it! I am envious of the amount of times you've been on Allure and that you'll be on Harmony soon! Enjoy!

Two birds, one stone - why don't you join the party this Christmas on Harmony?

Two birds, one stone - why don't you join the party this Christmas on Harmony?

I wish!! :D If only money weren't an issue! I guess my time will come eventually when I am out of college!

So sad to see ths end!!!! Thank you so much!

Marg

Thanks for sticking around!!

This was an AMAZING review. Thank YOU for taking the time to share your trip with us. Very nicely done!

You're welcome and thank you for your nice comment!

for letting my family and I relive our wonderful cruise all over again, as we were on the same cruise. Even saw a couple of your photos, with us in it!!!!

Awesome ship, would definitely cruise her again.

Lou

for letting my family and I relive our wonderful cruise all over again, as we were on the same cruise. Even saw a couple of your photos, with us in it!!!!

Awesome ship, would definitely cruise her again.

Lou

That is awesome! Never thought I'd have someone on the review see themselves in it! :p Of course, glad you found it!

Mike,

First of all, your review was wonderful and the photos were glorious. I’m on the Aug. 11th sailing and after reading this, I feel like I’m a veteran Anthem passenger without ever having been on board. I’m hoping you’re still checking this post because I have a few questions about the itinerary that you might be able to help me with.

1) In Bermuda, I know the ship docks at King’s Wharf, so you have to have transport to get anywhere else. Do you know if the ferry to Hamilton (or St. George) is within close (no more than 5 or 6 minutes) walking distance to the ship? And do they let you off in the center of those 2 towns? And I’ve read they take American money on the ferry itself; can you confirm that?

2) Does the ship dock within close walking distance of the center of Phillipsburg?

3) I’m not really a beach person, but I would like to do one snorkeling trip while on this cruise. If you know, which port (Bermuda, St. Maarten, or Labadee) would be the best to do that? (and which specific excursion, if you did one)

Thanks so much for any answers you can give me. And thanks again for the tremendous time and effort you put into your review![/size][/size]

Mike,

First of all, your review was wonderful and the photos were glorious. I’m on the Aug. 11th sailing and after reading this, I feel like I’m a veteran Anthem passenger without ever having been on board. I’m hoping you’re still checking this post because I have a few questions about the itinerary that you might be able to help me with.

1) In Bermuda, I know the ship docks at King’s Wharf, so you have to have transport to get anywhere else. Do you know if the ferry to Hamilton (or St. George) is within close (no more than 5 or 6 minutes) walking distance to the ship? And do they let you off in the center of those 2 towns? And I’ve read they take American money on the ferry itself; can you confirm that?

2) Does the ship dock within close walking distance of the center of Phillipsburg?

3) I’m not really a beach person, but I would like to do one snorkeling trip while on this cruise. If you know, which port (Bermuda, St. Maarten, or Labadee) would be the best to do that? (and which specific excursion, if you did one)

Thanks so much for any answers you can give me. And thanks again for the tremendous time and effort you put into your review![/size][/size]

Thank you! I can easily give you some answers!

1. The ferry is very close to the dock. If you sprint (like we did!) it will only take you about 2-3 minutes. If you are walking it will probably be more around 5-6 minutes. You will go into a small building to get tokens for the ferry ride and they do take $USD. I did not travel to St. Georges, but it took about 15-20 minutes, I believe, to get to Hamilton. It will drop you off in a central location in Hamilton. I think I read somewhere that the ferry ride to St. Georges takes about 45 minutes.

2. The ship docks close to Phillipsburg, but I do not suggest walking to town. There is a ferry that is really cheap ($7 round trip) and only takes a few minutes to get you there.

3. I did not do any snorkeling, however I know that Bermuda was a great place for it and I saw many beach-goers put on some snorkeling gear and snorkel right at Horseshoe Bay beach. A local said that Tobacco Bay beach near St. Georges was a great place to snorkel. Your other best bet would be in St. Maarten!

Have a fantastic cruise!

HI Mike :)

Terrific review!! Thank you!

:)

Thank you!! :)

Is there a Pets at Sea still on anthem? Thank you and GREAT review.

Thank you for your kind response! Unfortunately there is not a "Pet's at Sea" on Anthem. I believe that is only on Oasis class to compliment the Boardwalk theme!

Edited by swim13

On Anthem's 9 day cruise you arrive in Bermuda on a Saturday.

Unfortunately, the ferry does not run to St. Georges on Saturday. You can still take the ferry to Hamilton, though. It's a nice ride, and Hamilton is very colorful!