Pre-packaged Gluten-Free cookies?

I know people have reported them being kept behind the counter at the coffee shop (whatever it is called on different ships) and you just had to ask.

But...

I've read that at least on the Brilliance they are requiring you to purchase a drink in order to get any of the pastries. (I read they tried this on Celebrity but have since gone back to the way it was.)

Anyone know if they are anywhere else on the ship - because I don't intend to be buying drinks on the ship? Or if this was a one-cruise experiment and they've rescinded it on RCCL as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is just based on my experience, but the gluten free cookies were not consistently available on my most recent cruises, in fact only infrequently available, and always behind the counter or stored in the kitchen area. You might want to bring your own packaged cookies.

Why don't you ask on a few of the recent Roll Calls, or even the present one, and someone will reply. Personally, I think we would have heard a bigger outcry here on the board if it was true (about requiring a purchase, I mean). Latté-tudes is a nice spot for snackies and on every Radiance-class ship we've been on, they have been complimentary.

Why don't you ask on a few of the recent Roll Calls, or even the present one, and someone will reply. Personally, I think we would have heard a bigger outcry here on the board if it was true (about requiring a purchase, I mean). Latté-tudes is a nice spot for snackies and on every Radiance-class ship we've been on, they have been complimentary.

The report that they were requiring a beverage purchase came from someone off the most recently returned sailing on Brilliance (he was initially debating between that one and mine and went on the earlier one but hangs out on our roll call too). I've only seen him and one other person on here who have been commenting about the cruise at all - him on our roll call and the other on a couple of threads of this board. Both kind of come off as "been there done that" bored TBH - very little general info if it didn't pertain specifically to them/their interests appears to be forthcoming.

I was recently on the Ovation of the seas and the gluten free cookies were available from Cafe Promenade, Windjammer (dessert section) and two70. Both Chocolate chip and snicker doodle were available.

They have a very very limited supply of them compared to the Oasis cruise out of USA last year. Maybe because the ship did not originate out of USA and maybe they were running out. But they definitely had a supply which was very limited.

Cafe Promenade - always have a very small selection of gf sandwich or wraps. Very often these will run out and that will be the best time to ask for GF cookies. You might have to wait a while for someone to bring this from the kitchen - you might get 2 only.

Windjammer - There are usually two dessert stations...one on the left and one on the right. One of these sections will have the gluten free desserts. This is where you will ask for the cookies and someone will have to go retrieve them and again you will only get 2.

Two70 had them occasionally.

I also found that since I was pre-ordering my gf meal at all of the restaurants, I could also ask the head waiter to preorder me a couple of gf cookies for my supper or for next days morning tea. They would usually oblige.

I hope it's not the case. I love the gf UDI cookies. I've only ever seen them at Cafe Prom and have often been given a couple at a time.

Surely if they were only available with a drinks purchase that is penalising someone with an allergy?

The person who said they were requiring a beverage purchase wasn't asking for GF but the regular pastries in the case - so it's not singling out the people with allergies. It was at Latitudes (or whatever cutesy way they spell it).

Udi's Gluten Free cookies have been in generous supply at Cafe Promenade on my recent cruises on Navigator, Allure and Independence, with no need for a drink purchase. I always take the time to send an email to: special_needs@rccl.com advising them of my gluten free needs. I believe that when passengers let them know in advance, they do make sure they have extra stock on board for that sailing, so it is worth taking the time to send the email. You will just need to provide your name, booking number, ship and sail date.

We were on the Radiance in April and were able to get Udi's cookies after the first couple of days at the coffee shop. We were asked to order them earlier in the day to be picked up in the afternoon, as they were in limited supply and a couple of afternoons, they did not have any. This is the first time I have every seen a shortage of GF cookies on any of our cruises, so either there are more GF cruisers or less cookies in stock.