Sports jacket for 14yo

The Grande is not formal on the first nor on the last day, so you could make reservations for those nights.

Otherwise, the ship will provide loaner jackets for those who do not have one. Not sure if this applies to 14 year olds. But, I wouldn't buy him a new jacket unless you can find one very inexpensively on clearance or at a thrift shop. If required, he can just use their loaner jacket.

I agree, get one at Goodwill or use a loaner. I always bought jackets for my sons and even though they got passed down, each was worn just a few times. Kids grow quickly! If he wears a dress shirt and tie I'm not sure they will even make him wear a jacket.

Wow you guys are good at deciphering some really bad autocorrect. I couldn't understand a word she was saying.

I just read it again, and the funny thing is, I didn't notice any errors the first time through.

I agree he doesn't absolutely need one.

On the other hand, my sons used theirs very heavily as they went through high school They played basketball (6'7" and 6'6") and our high school required them to wear sports jackets and ties on game days. And then there were school dances, first job interviews, church, holidays, the occasional good restaurant, etc. Those jackets always got a work out. (Girls liked them too.) They weren't that expensive at Penneys (for tall sizes :-) and the other the big dept stores.

I'd get them in navy, and the boys would wear them on our cruises with gray slacks and their khaki's. Very useful clothing item.

I should say that I'm also the Mom from Heck. I made my sons learn to stand for women, pull out dining room chairs for their sister and me, etc. I even forced them to take ballroom dancing at Arthur Murray when they were in high school, so they would be comfortable in any surroundings in the future... -- (They're now young professionals with doctorates, and don't seem to resent me too much LOL -- however, it willl be interesting to see if they make their own kids go through the same stuff).

Edited by Truluv

Oh my goodness that was some incredible autocorrect!!! Sorry folks. Thanks for deciphering. We leave Thursday so I was trying to avoid a rush purchase. I was planning on buying a new one come the start of school as I know he'll use it but he's just outgrowing things so quickly! The last one we had only lasted two months

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off. First night we did shirt and tie. Then two more nights we just did dress shirt and dress pants. So many people weren't wearing jackets and nobody was enforcing dress code except for not allowing shorts. Although the first night that was not enforced eirher

Just got off. First night we did shirt and tie. Then two more nights we just did dress shirt and dress pants. So many people weren't wearing jackets and nobody was enforcing dress code except for not allowing shorts. Although the first night that was not enforced eirher

If you had read some posts before you went you would have known this!

First and last night are casual and they usually allow anything. Surprised so many were not wearing jackets in between though. I guess they have given up.