5 night dining package on Oasis!

Best decision we ever made. Are at Chops day 1,2,and 4. The Izumi hibachi on day 3($30 is for one meat, 2 meats will cost $5 more). And Giovanni's day 5. They allowed us to make reservations day one anywhere as I know there was some confusion on that. Just a side note, with the new suite classes being allowed free reign in the payed restaurants they do leave tables open, so one night we were told 9pm was all they had. But she said show up at 7:30 and we would most likely get right in. We did, and there were at least 12 empty tables at chops that night. We plan on doing the dining package for the remainder of our cruises as it is much better food, more intimate atmosphere and amazing service!

Thanks for the information. We have not sailed an Oasis class ship yet, but are sailing on the Harmony in November and I have contemplated doing the dining package. I just wasn't sure which restaurants we would choose. I think for us though we might just do the 3 night dining package.

Thanks again.

Best decision we ever made. Are at Chops day 1,2,and 4. The Izumi hibachi on day 3($30 is for one meat, 2 meats will cost $5 more). And Giovanni's day 5. They allowed us to make reservations day one anywhere as I know there was some confusion on that. Just a side note, with the new suite classes being allowed free reign in the payed restaurants they do leave tables open, so one night we were told 9pm was all they had. But she said show up at 7:30 and we would most likely get right in. We did, and there were at least 12 empty tables at chops that night. We plan on doing the dining package for the remainder of our cruises as it is much better food, more intimate atmosphere and amazing service!

Yep, just did the same on the Harmony. Eating on the two other nights in the MDR felt like going to the local cafe in comparison :D

We have never dined at any of the optional restaurants.

If we buy a package 3, 4, or 5 nights what can we expect to pay on top of the package price? We will already have drink packages for everyone in our family. I would assume although drinks are not included with the meal package that they would be covered by our drink package?

The web site says $30 included for ala cart locations. and I am curious how much over that price for a typical meal.

As far as the NON - Ala Cart locations I would assume there is no further fee?

Trying to decide if this is in our budget for the Oasis in 3 weeks.

Thank You

Are you able to choose your restaurants and dining times once onboard or are they assigned to you? A shoreside CS rep told a friend that the times were determined by RCI in advance and you had no choice, but my experience was the opposite in the past with the three night package.

We just spent an extra $5 total on all 5 nights. I wanted scallops and lobster at the hibachi restaurant. However we did also tip extra a few nights just because we had amazing service, but the gratuity is already included and an extra tip is not necessary.

Are you able to choose your restaurants and dining times once onboard or are they assigned to you? A shoreside CS rep told a friend that the times were determined by RCI in advance and you had no choice, but my experience was the opposite in the past with the three night package.

We were able to pick all dining times once on board. We had no issues getting the times and restaurants we wanted. The only reason we had issues one night was because I waited until that night to book it. All the others I booked as soon as I boarded at each individual restaurant.

We were able to pick all dining times once on board. We had no issues getting the times and restaurants we wanted. The only reason we had issues one night was because I waited until that night to book it. All the others I booked as soon as I boarded at each individual restaurant.

Thank you. that was our previous experience, also. I just wanted to make sure that things had not changed.

Is 150 Central Park included in the package?

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Are you able to choose your restaurants and dining times once onboard or are they assigned to you?

Your first dining venue will be assigned to you for either the first or second night of the cruise. You can change this once on board if you want.

Protip: You can do 150 twice. They change the menu mid-week. We thoroughly enjoyed both menus.

Also, the best restaurant on the ship is Chef's Table and is not included in the packages, so if you want to do it, the 3-night package plus CT makes more sense than a 5 night package.

We just spent an extra $5 total on all 5 nights. I wanted scallops and lobster at the hibachi restaurant. However we did also tip extra a few nights just because we had amazing service, but the gratuity is already included and an extra tip is not necessary.

Thank you this is very helpful information. I prefer to preplan my budget for most of the time so I have never added on these things where the price was not already set.

Thanks,

Alan

So when you chose this dining, i take it that seeing the shows is not a priority......

I am on Oasis in Sept.my first time and i noticed after i booked my shows, and I went to book the dining package they gave me 4 times that would not conflict with my show times... I understand they select one for my first evening...that I can change..but to me that might be a hassle and I really do not want to wait to be seated. I also don't want to feel rushed at dinner so i am really thinking 6pm traditional might work best for me. Any thoughts?

Edited by land lover

Perhaps this varies from ship to ship. I've just returned from the Harmony inaugural Southampton-Barcelona. We booked the 5 night package and found on boarding that no reservations at all had been made. Also, IIRC 150 Central Park had the same menu the whole 7 days. We were a little disappointed at the choice, but this is obviously very personal.

Would agree that if interested in the Chefs Table, I would go for the 3 night rather than 5 night package. We dined at Chops twice (very good) , Wonderland (recommended), 150 Central Park and Jamie's Italian (service good, food main and dessert bit below par) .

Only extra was special martini at 150 --nice though bit pricey at $15 plus grats. Overall, package was very good value.

So when you chose this dining, i take it that seeing the shows is not a priority......

I am on Oasis in Sept.my first time and i noticed after i booked my shows, and I went to book the dining package they gave me 4 times that would not conflict with my show times... I understand they select one for my first evening...that I can change..but to me that might be a hassle and I really do not want to wait to be seated. I also don't want to feel rushed at dinner so i am really thinking 6pm traditional might work best for me. Any thoughts?

When making reservations you must have a 2 hour window between show & dinner.

We did the 5 night on Oasis recently. There was a LOT of confusion about booking, but found out once we got on board (and got some confused ppl), that you book with the restaurants directly (you can even do it on your tv in your room).

We never stepped foot in the MDR NOR Windjammer.

We did chops, 150, giovanni, sabor, and solarium. love chops so much we did another night there knowing we would have to pay for it - then got confused when we were charged for solarium - when we inquired at customer service, we were told the computer realized we had more than 5 reservations and made the least expensive one our "pay for it" one!

We are doing Harmony relocation in Oct/Nov and already know we will be doing dining package again!

We were not thrilled with 150.

SOOOO looking forward to doing it again!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We have the 4 night package on Harmony in October. They did have me pick a dining time. Solarium is complementary at this time, with 2 extra fee entrées. Really looking forward to it. Much more positive feed back in the last few weeks.

• 1 month later...

We're thinking of purchasing the 5 specialty dining restaurants - can we choose any restaurant on-board?

We were looking to go to 150 Central Park, Izumi Hibachi, Izumi Sushi, Solarium Bistro, and maybe Wonderland - would we be able to choose these?

Thank you in advance for your guidance!

We're thinking of purchasing the 5 specialty dining restaurants - can we choose any restaurant on-board?

We were looking to go to 150 Central Park, Izumi Hibachi, Izumi Sushi, Solarium Bistro, and maybe Wonderland - would we be able to choose these?

Thank you in advance for your guidance!

Yes, though I believe you are limited to one visit to Wonderland without an extra charge. You would get a credit of $30 at Izumi Sushi.